Full Time, Monday to Friday, approx. 45 hours per week. Hours are generally 8:30a- 5:30p, with some flexibility as needed.
Small family consisting of 1 busy professional and her high-school-aged son who lives at home part time. Family needs a take charge, intelligent executive housekeeper who is able to work with little supervision. Candidate must have experience working in large private homes, preferably a townhouse, with teenagers and dogs.
Job will be in a multi-level, 4-bedroom townhouse so the candidate needs to be fit and energetic. Housekeeper is responsible for everything in the house (including appliances, etc) to be in good working condition and will generally be the point of contact making and supervising service vendors. The position involves the basics of high-end housekeeping such as caring for antiques, silver, marble, etc with the knowledge of which products to use to care for each item. Seeking a very organized self-starter who is willing and able to develop their own working system for the entire house, utilizing a housekeeper’s manual as a guideline.
- All housekeeping duties and general management of service providers/ vendors, including appliance repairs, utilities workers, etc.
- Being a team player with a great personality as you will be working with other staff (personal assistant)
- Ability to cook simple healthy meals for the family (NOT on a daily basis but two – three days per week)
- Housekeeping/ cleaning/ laundry/ ironing/ steaming
- Packing/ unpacking for trips/ holidays
- Pet care for 1 dog (At this time we do not have a dog – this is for the future). MUST BE COMFORTABLE AROUND DOGS.
- Errands- food and supply shopping as needed
- Clean driver's license preferred
- Legal resident able to work in US
- Excellent references from previous employers
- Non-smoker, health insurance preferred but will consider an excellent candidate without it.
Candidate may be asked to travel to Martha’s Vineyard in the summer for short periods of time (1 week or less, potentially a few times during the summer season, accommodations on property). At this time we do not expect to use the housekeeper in the Vineyard for the 2023 season but this may change.
There will be a trial before an employment contract will be signed. Salary (via payroll company) after trial is completed. Bonus commensurate with experience and based on performance. Long term position.