Facilities Maintenance Technician
Private estate seeking a skilled handyman to assist in the day-to-day maintenance of a Los Angeles luxury estate. If you currently are or have been employed as a carpenter, painter or skilled handyman, this may be the opportunity you have been looking for. If you have a strong work ethic, excellent attitude and eye for detail you may be exactly what I am looking for! The private service industry offers excellent benefits and compensation, ongoing training and a comfortable and safe work environment. If you truly take pride in your work, and meet the requirements below, please apply!
- Daily survey of all buildings and grounds to ensure they are consistent with the family standards.
- Keeping outdoor furniture, decks and pool area cleaned and ready for use at all times.
- Following the maintenance schedule of all estate facilities, windows, doors and driveways.
- Hanging pictures, mirrors or other high value artwork or collectables.
- Changing light bulbs, cleaning exterior light fixtures. Light electrical.
- Ability to notify house manager of all deficiencies and work closely with vendors.
- Basic familiarity with lawns, shrubs, and irrigation systems.
- Light painting and touch up of high use area walls, floors and ceilings.
- Light plumbing and ability to keep sink, shower and tub drains clear and ready for use.
- Pressure cleaning decks, walkways and other structures.
- Maintain a clean shop, and inventory of everyday items needed for general upkeep.
- Running errands, deliveries and all other duties as assigned.
- Excellent command of the English language.
- Ability to legally work in the US.
- Reliable transportation, driver’s License with good driving record.
- Proven experience as a handyman.
- Basic understanding of carpentry, plumbing, painting, drywall repair, electrical and cleaning.
- Manual dexterity and good problem-solving skills.
- Working knowledge of hand tools, appliances, pool pumps and other devices.
- Teamwork and ability to help others, regardless of task when needed.
- Familiarity with ladder handling, safe lifting and general safety conciseness.
- Highly organized and tidy.
Compensation: Starting at $33.00 per hour depending on experience. Medical, Dental, PTO.
Equal Opportunity Employer