Private Estate Sous Chef – Kitchen/Hospitality Assistant Manager
Confidential Employer Santa Fe, NM
Position Title: Estate Sous Chef – Kitchen/Hospitality Manager
Location: Santa Fe, NM base, with frequent travel nationally to satellite properties on the West Coast and various vacation locales.
The Principle, currently based in Santa Fe, New Mexico is seeking an exceptional long-term candidate for consideration in this newly created hybrid role. Our private employer business model: a 15 year In House Culinary Program, is based in a solid sustainable working environment that is ever expanding with new development opportunities.
This position will report directly to the Estate Chef as well as seamlessly join a well established Estate Team that has worked closely together with great longevity. A highly functioning work ethic and the ability to blend well within a group are paramount to the success of this new individual.
Potential candidates must have the ability to travel up to 7-10 day per month, flexibility in day-to-day scheduling along with weekends and holidays (holidays are required due to heavy family entertaining schedules).
The Estate Team at each property follows strict consistent Covid Protocols to insure the highest health standards for our Principle, guests and staff.
Primary focus will be meeting the culinary needs of the Principle, guests, extended family as well as broader entertaining opportunities and large scale events.
The Estate Culinary Team focuses on Healthy, Seasonally based Menus resourcing the finest ingredients to maintain consistent excellence in addressing all of our Principles needs and wishes.
Additional projects include expansion of the current Estate Culinary Program. The ideal candidate will share interests in furthering the development of:
- Extensive onsite edible gardens, greenhouse and fruit tree production for onsite inspired menus and recipes
- Wine Program Development and Inventory Systems
- Estate Inspired Catering Identity for larger scale events
- Estate Private Label Product Development for corporate scale gift giving
- The design and expansion of multiple state of the art professional kitchens
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Adhere to all property policies and procedures
- Proper professional boundaries and etiquette with Principle, guests, staff and contractors
- Ability to prepare and manage table top plated service for 2 to 15 (Principle/guests) daily in various locations throughout the properties
- Prepare all food items as directed by the Estate Chef in a sanitary and timely manner
- Follow recipes and presentation specifications by the Estate Chef
- Operate standard kitchen equipment safety and efficiently
- Clean and maintain work areas in practicing good safety and sanitation (Chefs are responsible for their work areas)
- Assist with the cleaning and organization of kitchen and equipment
- Basic Bartending/Mixology knowledge
- Provision shopping, daily, weekly, monthly and special events
- Provision inventory control
- Research, purchasing and coordination of existing and new purveyors/contractors
- Menu and Recipe development with Estate Chef
- Tabletop design/floral, planning and implementation with Estate Chef
- Ability to adhere to table service standards outlined by Estate Chef
- Inventory, maintain and expand a premier expansive tabletop collection
- Essential scheduling with Estate Chef and Kitchen Staff for comprehensive coverage
- Adhere to the direction and tutelage of the Estate Chef and Senior Staff
- Advance travel to satellite properties for set up and provisioning
- Travel to satellite properties to assist in the design and installation of new Estate Kitchens
- Maintain the highest levels of discretion, loyalty and integrity regarding the Principle, extended family and guest privacy
Qualifications and Expectations
- Three plus years of Private Estate/Restaurant Sous Chef/Fine Dining/Resort experience
- Certificate Awarded Culinary Training
- Proven interest in the culinary arts through longevity in previous positions
- Ability to work flexible and sometimes demanding work schedules, nights, weekends and holidays (required)
- Ability to lift and/or maneuver up to 25 lbs
- ServeSafe Food Handling certification
- New Mexico Alcohol Servers Permit
- Must have a comprehensive knowledge of food and beverage, service standards and etiquette
- Maintain a respectful, kind and mindful demeanor at all times
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written with all level guests, staff and contractors in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner
- Effective at listening to, understanding and clarifying concerns raised by guests and staff
- Ability to work seamlessly and effectively with current staff and onboard additions/contractors to current service standards
- Ability to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines, reporting successes and areas to improve
- Ability to appropriately utilize all forms of communications with a sense of immediacy, smart phone, text and email
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with property guidelines and at the direction of the Estate Chef and Senior Staff
- Applicants will be required to undergo a full background check
- Applicants must have impeccable references
- Applicants must have a clean and valid driver’s license
- All applicants will complete a non-disclosure agreement to be considered in the process
- 70-80K Annual depending on experience
- Medical/Dental benefits package provided by employer
- Uniforms provided
- Yearly bonus potential based on review
- Potential sign on bonus
- All communication support supplied by employer, iPhone/Laptop
Applicants will be contacted directly if selected as a candidate moving forward.