Full-Time House Manager / Personal Assistant - Austin, TX
Location: Austin, TX
Start Date: ASAP
Days & Hours: Monday – Friday / 8:00am - 4:00pm (40/hr work week)
Pay Rate (pre-tax): $80,000 - $110,000/yr
A professional family of four in Austin, Texas is looking for an organized and resourceful House Manager / Personal Assistant to support their family needs.
Ideal Candidate: The ideal candidate is highly organized, detail-oriented, works intuitively without needing much direction and has amazing prior HM/PA experience. A candidate that is proactive, extremely efficient, has excellent communication skills, and enjoys working with a busy, fast paced family would fit right in! You will be responsible for maintaining the client’s calendars, updating and managing all of the vendor’s/contractors lists, including but not limited to gardeners, pest control, dry cleaning, etc. In addition to that, you will assist with running errands, managing technology needs, making travel arrangements, booking appointments, online shopping, and special projects. Please be computer savvy. The client will only consider candidates with at least 3 years of experience in a private household in a similar role. Prefer local candidates, but will consider others who can truly uplevel the lives of this family.
- Minimum of 3+ years of relevant experience working in private homes required, House Manager experience highly desired.
- Strong understanding of Gmail, Google Calendar/Docs/Sheets and MS Office Suite required.
- Excellent technology skills desired.
- Must possess superior project management and time management skills.
- Must love kids and dogs.
- Must have experience planning detailed travel (itineraries, research, flights, local transportation)
- Must be low key, discrete, meticulous, and have a personable character.
- Must be a self-starter, sharp, and hard working with excellent interpersonal skills and follow through.
- Calm under pressure with an extremely positive attitude are very important.
- Valid driver’s license with a perfect driving record.
- Legal to work in the United States.
- Bi-lingual Spanish / English a plus
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Calendar – scheduling and management
- Vehicle maintenance (inspections, car washes and proactively setting up service appointments)
- Organizing and overseeing events
- Scheduling and oversight of all aspects pertaining to personal and business travel
- Coordinating with staff to complete tasks
- Errands, grocery shopping, etc.
- For the home, it is the HM/PA’s responsibility to maintain the varying services / vendors upkeeping the home and to coordinate repairs for any problems that occur on the property and provide general management of the home.
- There will be no childcare, but the HM/PA will be working with the nanny and housekeeper to ensure the home is always in order.
- Manage household inventories and keep home organized and properly stocked.
- Research (travel, dining, gifts, entertainment, household, etc.)