We are seeking an experienced and professional live-in housekeeper for a private family with residences on the East and West coasts. You will perform a variety of housekeeping duties at all locations. The ideal candidate will have fine dining and silver serving experience, completes work in a timely manner, takes initiative, is able to work as part of a team and independently, and willing to take direction from multiple sources. Experience working with principals who are around the residence most times, detail oriented with the know-how to thoroughly deep clean, knowledgeable with cleaning various surfaces and very skilled with laundry and linen care.
- Be able to serve meals and VIP dinners with proper fine dining etiquette and silver service.
- Be attentive to the needs of the family and adapt to specific housekeeping preferences.
- Perform general sweeping, scrubbing, and mopping of hardwood, or tiled floors, as needed.
- Vacuum and clean carpets and perform further treatments such as shampoo or stain-removal, as needed.
- Make beds daily.
- Daily laundry and ironing of clothing and linens.
- Dispose of trash from bins and containers.
- Dust and polish furniture and room accessories.
- Scrub sinks, basins, bathtubs, showers, and toilets.
- Clean windows, glass surfaces, mirrors, and counters.
- When needed, assist the chef with meal preparation or supply provisioning.
- Make the property caretaker aware of damaged items or when cleaning products are needed.
- Pack away items or clothing in a way that makes it easy for the family to find.
Core Knowledge and Skills
- Must have experience working in a large, private home at least 10,000 sq. ft. or on a yacht as a stewardess.
- Must maintain the utmost professionalism and be sensitive to personal matters while maintaining confidentiality at all times.
- Physical stamina and mobility including ability to reach, kneel, squat, crouch, bend and crawl. Ability to lift, push and pull items up to 30 lbs.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Ability to work and prioritize tasks independently.
- Must be comfortable around cats and dogs.
- Possess exceptional integrity, discretion, tact, and accountability, with a primary objective to serve and protect the family’s interests in all regards.
- Must be able to legally work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to pass a background check.