Private family in Potomac, Maryland is in search of a full-time live-out Housekeeper/House Manager. It is a generally a fun and casual household; however, the busy family expects precise, polished management. The ideal candidate excels in cleaning, organization, and household management. Hours are daytime flexible Monday through Friday, 40-hours per week.
Family consists of two working parents and three children ages: 18-months, 3-years, and 16. A full-time nanny cares for the younger children. No childcare is required; however, the successful candidate will be working around and cleaning up after the younger children.
The ideal candidate likes being around kids and loves cleaning and organizing. They take pride in their work and pay attention to the details to do things right the first time. A happy and up-beat personality that is friendly, laid back and easy to be around. Must work well with others. This individual should enjoy working around children and not become frustrated that messy hands are undoing the work they just did.
Experience working in a combination role with similar responsibilities and have glowing references from previous employers!
- Potomac, MD near Congressional Country Club
- 7,000 square feet
- Modern French architecture with many large windows and expansive wood floors
- Ensure home is impeccably clean and presentable at all times.
- Ensure outdoor living areas and pool area is maintained correctly and is always presentable (in season).
- Dishes & laundry.
- Maintain and create organizational systems.
- Manage household inventory.
- Errands as assigned and/or required.
- Vendor research and management.
- Proper maintenance of luxury automobiles (service drop-offs, etc.).
- Grocery shopping and light food preparation.
- Daily surface cleaning of all main areas, kitchens and used bathrooms
- Freshen bathrooms and make beds daily
- Deep cleaning on a rotating schedule
- Cleaning to be thorough but careful
- Home contains many new and expensive furniture pieces and high-end appliances (e.g. a custom La Cornue Chateau range - that must be meticulously cared for and no harsh cleaning pads or chemicals. The successful candidate is familiar with working with high-end appliances and in homes with expensive furniture.
- Minor vehicle cleaning: vacuum interior, wipe down dash, clean windows.
ORGANIZATION / LAUNDRY
- Establish household organization systems as needed
- Tidy cabinets and toys throughout the day
- Inspect clothes after use and clean/send for dry cleaning as appropriate
- Closet management
- Manage incoming packages and recycle boxes as appropriate
- Responsible for packing and unpacking the family for vacations and/or work travel.
- Must have reliable transportation for shopping and errands.
- Must be an excellent driver, able to drive with a verifiable clean driving record
- Errands as requested: dry cleaning, tailoring, grocery shopping, dropping off or picking up requested items.
- Drive luxury vehicles for routine service and/or cleaning as requested then either wait for it to be complete or uber back to the home.
- No out-of-town travel is expected or required.
- Manage household inventory
- Manage list of maintenance that needs done around the house and scheduling and overseeing contactors.
- Vendor research and management.
- Assist with event planning and production (e.g. kid’s birthday parties, social dinners)
- Cook simple meals or shop for and cook provided recipes for family dinners and lunch for the kids.