Career rota nanny needed for 3 children in Los Altos. Children are 8, 6 and 4. The mother is a single parent with a busy executive job.
Duties: care of children before and after school and on weekends. The mother is typically around to assist for most of the morning prior to school, for dinner and the bedtime routine and the weekend days. The nanny is responsible for getting up to the children if needed during the night. The nanny is responsible for providing lunches and snacks for the children on all days and assisting with breakfast. The nanny is responsible for the children’s laundry. The nanny is responsible for managing school requirements (supervising homework, bringing in items as needed, etc.). The nanny is responsible for contributing to the house being clean, both by ensuring the children clean up after themselves and helping with dishes/tidy up as necessary (there is a regular cleaner who does deep cleaning).
- Must have experience with sole care of 3+ kids, including kids over 6
- Must have experience with kids with anxiety, ADHD, or other behavioral or neurodivergent challenges.
- Must be a capable multi-tasker and able to think proactively
- Must have experience with providing nanny care during international travel, have a valid passport and Global Entry (or be willing/able to acquire this)
- Must be confident in supporting elementary school homework
- Must be confident providing nanny care alongside the parent as well as sole charge
- Must be active: a confident swimmer, able to jump on the trampoline, etc.
- Must be a confident leader of children, used to setting firm boundaries and managing positive reinforcement and consequences
- Must be respectful to children (child led/RIE) and be willing to support healthy expression of emotions in children
- Must be legally able to work in the US, speak English fluently and be a non smoker/non vaper.
- Candidates must live within a reasonable (~3 hour drive) of Los Altos. Relocation will not be considered for this position.