Cleveland-based private, high net worth family with international roots seeks an Estate Manager to oversee management of the Principal’s Ohio homes (approximately 30,000 sq feet). The position consists of a Monday through Friday schedule with possible weekends and extenuating availability upon special request.
This position requires a positive and motivated attitude, a self-starter who is extremely service-oriented and organized and has a keen eye for detail. The role requires the ability to adapt to a variable, ever-evolving workload, and the desire to be flexible and do whatever it takes to get the job done.
The candidate also must have experience managing domestic staff, managing vendors, and have a demonstrated understanding of “how estates work.”
The ideal candidate must demonstrate a strong, professional work ethic and will have relevant and strong experience in a similar position managing 5+ household employees. The person hired for this job will manage caretakers, housekeepers, IT staff, culinary team, gifting, and other employees.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- The Estate Manager is responsible for the day to day running of the Estate.
- Representing the Principals and Family in a professional, discreet manner at all times.
- Supporting Principals, Family and Guests in their daily routine.
- Development of a working Service Management Plan for household.
- Supervision of Household Staff and Household Vendors (i.e. florist, interior decorator, plant care, holiday decorator, etc.)
- Working with other staff in coordination with the Principals to ensure the service standards of the family are upheld.
- Maintaining an efficient and productive working environment through a hands-on style and working in conjunction with other staff as a productive team.
- Assisting in training and supervising additional support staff in the home as required.
- Event Planning – assisting by working closely with the Principals and outside vendors to ensure everything is seamless.
- If necessary, travel with the Principals to other properties to assist in their needs; travel ahead to set things up or travel with the family to handle everything on-site.
- Assisting with the maintenance of a household manual for the residence with yearly schedules for all household maintenance items, vendor contracts, emergency numbers, etc.
- Other related tasks, duties, and work assignments as directed by Principals
- Excellent references required from both current and previous employers.
- Cheerful, positive, energetic and warm/engaging personality; must have a calm disposition.
- Minimum 5+ years related experience working in a similar role for a single private family.
- Experience working in the Cleveland-local area a plus but not required.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College or University preferred.
- Exceptional organizational skills and dedication to responsibilities; prioritization and efficiency a self-starter who can manage his/her own schedule effectively and efficiently.
- Adept in managing an ever-changing schedule and calendar.
- Outstanding problem solver; resourceful and quick-thinking
- Comfortable using technology (on-line calendar, communicating electronically etc.).
- Professional phone manners.
- Polished, poised and professional in both mindset and manor; use of utmost discretion at all times.
- Adept in remaining calm and poised under pressure; not easily frazzled.
- Flexibility in scheduling; willingness to
- Valid Driver’s License; confident driver with clean driving record.
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English.
- Legally able to work within the United States for any employer
The successful candidate will be the individual who anticipates the family’s needs and is willing to pitch in wherever needed.