Executive couple with homes in NYC, Bedford and Matha's Vineyard have an immediate need for a talented Private Chef to join their service team. The chef will be responsible for preparing daily meals and preparing foods for house guests and occasional events.
Chefs should enjoy cooking healthy, seasonal, "farm-to-table" style dishes: ultra-high-quality foods prepared simply and presented elegantly.
Ideal candidates will be flexible with their schedule, professional, open-minded, discreet, and have a mix of in-home and restaurant experience. The family prefers a mix of recipes and creative cooking.
After an initial in-person interview with the family, qualified candidates will be brought in for trial days and paid for the tastings.
- Start Date: ASAP
- Accommodations are provided when traveling
- Creating a variety of menus based on the season and preferences of family members
- Some food/wine pairing knowledge
- Grocery shopping for all food and kitchen supplies
- Shopping for housekeeping and other household supplies
- Responsible for keeping a clean and organized kitchen throughout the meal preparation process
- Responsible for leaving the kitchen immaculate after mealtimes
- Prepare food for weekends
- Organize and manage the kitchen, and stock the pantry
- Chef should have a keen understanding of food and kitchen sanitation
- Setting the table/ professional table service (occasionally)
- Must have at least three years of high-level restaurant AND at least three years of experience working full-time for a prominent family/individual
- Able to work a flexible schedule, depending on the travel schedule of the family
- Able to work legally in the United States
- Must be able to pass an in-depth background investigation
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record
- Must be able to willingly accommodate the needs of the family- some holiday work required
- Looking for candidates with a GREAT attitude who are able to interact professionally and pleasantly with the family and other estate team members