This is a hands-on position working directly with two busy principals (and their super cute dog) to keep the household in order. There are multiple projects going on; house improvements, travel, an ever-changing calendar, administrative work, etc. This position will grow as you learn more about the principals’ needs and their work style.
- Be available for any needs the principal has
- Run errands, shopping, stocking and organizing home
- Pitching in with household chores; dishwasher emptying or just doing the dishes, freshening flowers, making beds, etc. whatever you see that needs to be done
- Wardrobe management; dry cleaning, organizing, packing and rotating by season
- Work with the principals coordinating personal functions/events
- Work with regular vendors in support of the home, family and cars (housecleaners, gardeners, etc)
- Coordinate the vendors for the household keeping up on proactive maintenance
- Coordinate car maintenance schedules and cleanings
- Liaise with contractors when projects are on-site and keep the principals up to date of any changes or issues
- Walk house and yard regularly to check on facilities, lighting, maintenance needs, etc.
- Prepare home for departure and arrival before and after travel
- Orchestrate guest care, arrival, events, prepare rooms – fresh sheets/linens/flowers/amenities/special foods stocked, car if necessary
- Pet care for family dog (55 lb Aussie Mix)
- Upkeep of house database; new contacts, business associates, friends/family, contacts for personal projects, etc.
- Annual birthdays, anniversaries, holidays; keep track of and send out gifts or cards
- Creatively source new ideas for gift giving each year; keep track of what was given as to not repeat
- Travel research; new places and accommodations, adventures, entertainment and more
- Make arrangements to create seamless ease in travel, including ensuring coverage for dog.
- Create and maintain inventory lists for areas of importance to principal, wine, pantry, basic house stock, etc. (TBD)
- Correspondence; mail, email – must be articulate and compose well written letters and memos
- Procure tickets to special events and hard to obtain dinner reservations
- Respond to and follow up with phone calls, invitations, etc. in a timely manner; keeping track and coordinating with the principal’s calendar
- Handle calendar, making appointments, follow up and reminders, with particular attention to the overlap between business and personal conflicts.
- Research and source hard to find items
- Love being an assistant and making employer’s life easy
- Comfortable taking direction as well as executing simple and complicated tasks with little or no direction.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self motivated and creative; look for new projects to do as well as establishing systems to streamline daily life
- Exceptional judgement in handling new situations, including collecting the right information to understand urgency and make decisions.
- Flexible; able to change direction, as needed
- Demonstrated initiative and problem solving skills.
- Computer savvy; able to learn quickly in areas that are not as familiar
- Keep boundaries, maintaining confidentiality and security of information of employer’s private life as well as the lives of friends/family/colleagues
- Past experience working in a private home required; college degree a plus
- Comfort and willingness with working independently. This position interacts direclty with the principals, but will be regularly running things at the house in their absence.
- Clean background check and verifiable references
Schedule: 30 hours per week, Monday through Thursday, with occasional flexibility to work other days or additional hours. Flexibility on schedule for the right candidate.