We are seeking a dedicated and professional housekeeper for a private family in Islesboro Maine, an island off of Lincolnville, for the months of July through September, with option to extend at another residence. You will perform a variety of housekeeping duties including vacuuming, mopping, laundry, ironing, surface cleaning, dusting, changing and laundering linen. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, energetic, good communicator, able to work as part of a team and independently, and good at taking direction. Position is Live-In or Live-Out depending on candidate preference.
• Ensure all cleaning equipment and housekeeping tools are maintained in good working order and are properly cared for.
• Perform general sweeping, scrubbing, and mopping of hardwood, or tiled floors, as needed.
• Vacuum and clean carpets and perform further treatments such as shampoo or stain-removal, as needed.
• Make beds daily.
• Dispose of trash from bins and containers.
• Dust and polish furniture and room accessories.
• Scrub sinks, basins, bathtubs, showers, and toilets.
• Iron clothing and linens, as needed.
• Clean windows, glass surfaces, mirrors, and counters.
• Make the property caretaker aware of damaged items.
• Pack away items or clothing in a way that makes it easy for the family to find.
• Let the property caretaker know when cleaning products are needed.
• Assist with building fires in dining fireplace – training provided.
• As needed, assist with setting dining table, serving and clearing at the end of meals.
Core Knowledge and Skills
• Physical stamina and mobility including ability to reach, kneel, squat, crouch, bend and crawl. Ability to lift, push and pull items up to 30 lbs.
• Experience working in a large, private home very much preferred.
• Must maintain the utmost professionalism and be sensitive to personal matters while maintaining confidentiality at all times.
• Impeccable attention to detail.
• Ability to work and prioritize tasks independently.
• Must be comfortable around dogs.
• Possess exceptional integrity, discretion, tact, and accountability, with a primary objective to serve and protect the family’s interests in all regards.
• Must be able to legally work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
• Must have COVID vaccinations.
• Must be able to pass a background check.