The Housekeeper/Cook is responsible for overseeing the housekeeping/cooking duties of the household and ensuring that everything is clean and in good order at all times. The Housekeeper/Cook must be experienced and perform a high quality of work. This position is mainly based in Alexandria, VA, but will be required to travel to the family’s other homes at times. Housing and benefits provided.
- Perform all traditional cleaning tasks around the home to include vacuuming, dusting, sweeping, mopping, scrubbing and polishing, both inside and outside the home as appropriate.
- Wash, dry, iron and simple repair of clothes and linens, including cleaning delicate materials with great care.
- Assist homeowner with the organization of the home including closets, cabinets, and living spaces.
- Monitor cleaning supplies and make sure that the home is always well stocked.
- Run errands such as grocery shopping, picking up dry cleaning, purchasing household supplies, etc.
- Cook for the family.
- Respond in a timely manner to any unforeseen issues that occur.
- Other duties at the direction of the homeowner.
- Self-starter – motivated to perform at a high level
- Real attention to detail
- Highly organized and ability to manage projects
- Extensive housekeeping experience in a residence
- Highest ethical standards
- Concierge/hospitality mentality
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines and prioritize accordingly
- Ability to work with little supervision