Domestic Couple / Property Manager Team
High end property in Aspen, Colorado looking for a Domestic Couple/ Property Manager Team. This is an established program at a prestigious property with lovely owners and guests. The current Property Managers have been with the property for almost 6 years and are moving into new positions with the owners.
The home is a gorgeous 15,000 SF smart home sitting on 20 acres as well as the caretaker’s property next door.
The roles on offer are to start as the Assistant Couple to the existing Property Managers. During the handover time (approx. 6 months), the Assistant Couple will work to learn the established standards, schedules, contractors, inventories, systems and help work any guest trips under the existing Property Managers. At the end of the handover period, the Assistant Couple should be ready to move into the roles as the Property Managers. At which point they will be responsible for the day-to-day of the property including:
- Maintaining the home and property in near-perfect condition. This includes daily upkeep by the managers and working with contractors and subs for servicing and larger maintenance.
- Acting as the primary point of contact for all family, guests and contractors.
- Bookkeeping and cost reports for the property’s accounts.
- Performing snow/ ice removal in the cold months and landscaping duties (in coordination with landscapers) in the warm months.
- High-end wardrobe management including seasonal rotation of clothing, inventory, laundry and dry cleaning.
- Laundry services including fine linens and bedding.
- Learning all systems and keeping them up-to-date and running smoothly.
- Regular housekeeping duties at the highest standards.
- Regular maintenance and upkeep of all property vehicles.
- Helping to book reservations, coordinate chefs and catering, plan for events at property, booking services requested by owners/guests, etc.
- Floral arrangements (either designing in house or organizing with local florists).
- Owner/ Guest pre-arrival house preparation and provisioning per guest preferences.
- Performing chauffeur services during all guest trips including airport pickups and drop-offs.
- Caring for the family’s small dogs when they are in-residence.
- Performing service and hospitality duties during owner/ guest trips including table settings, coordinating meal plans, meal service when needed, laundry services, housekeeping service (in coordination with housekeeping help), nightly turn-down service, bar-tending service, occasional light cooking, concierge services, driving services, and remaining present should issues arise.
- Maintenance, cleaning, landscape, and upkeep of the caretaker’s property next door.
The ideal candidates will have extensive very high-end experience in estates, private yachting industry, and/ or hospitality and a history working for UHNW families. Looking for a long-term couple with a proven work history together who are looking to commit to a property. The ideal candidates will also possess the following qualities:
- Both candidates must be legally able to work in the US.
- Both candidates must have and maintain clean driver’s licenses and must pass a comprehensive background check.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred for both candidates.
- Minimum 5 years experience and at least 2 years with the same family or estate.
- Enjoy high-end hospitality and be able to anticipate the needs of owners and guests.
- Reliability to do a task that is requested without reminders and provide excellent communication.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate with a wide variety of individuals while remaining warm, courteous, and personable.
- Ability to manage workload without guidance while maintaining the highest standards.
- Both individuals must be self-motivated problem-solvers. This is a very hands-on job and includes proactively learning a lot of information and at times solving issues in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have an eagerness to learn and adapt without ego.
- Both individuals must have a meticulous attention to detail, exacting standards, and a high level of organization and responsiveness.
- Ideally the couple will have their own vehicle but it is not a necessity.
- Ideal candidates are active and truly enjoy the outdoors (skiing, snowboarding, hiking, biking, rock climbing, fishing, etc).
- Both candidates must enjoy (or be able to tolerate) SNOW. Winter and snow can last from October till May.
When no family or guests are in residence, the work schedule is generally M-F 9am-5pm (with exceptions based on scheduling). The couple is expected to work every day that owners/ guests are in residence.
Fully furnished apartment with utilities, WIFI, heated garage, and trash pickup is provided for full-time employment at the caretaker’s property next door. Salary upon start of agreement as Assistant Couple is $5,500-$6,000 DOE per person/ per month. Upon promotion to Property Managers the salary will increase to $6,500-$7,500 DOE per person/ per month. 3 weeks annual paid holiday leave (accrued at 1.25 days per month) and paid health insurance with the company’s group plan is included.