A live in butler/houseman is sought to provide a discreet and exacting personal service to an UHNW family on a day-to-day basis at their home in Greenwich, Connecticut.
This is an all-encompassing role and responsibilities are varied. The ideal candidate will be flexible, hard-working, and adaptable.
Specific duties to include:
- Oversight of the principle property, organising and co-ordinating tradespeople for regular planned, and reactive, maintanence. To include but not limited to light self-maintenance such as the replacement of light bulbs, and basic pool maintenance
- Daily but light cooking duties, principally the preparation of the main evening meal for the family
- Serving meals and drinks, and performing waiter services as necessary to the principals, their family, and guests
- Occasional driving duties to include driving the principals and family to/from the airport, and family outings, and other journeys as required
- Running errands; including grocery and other household shopping
- Caretaking of the family’s five friendly dogs, to include walks, administration of medications and monthly treatments, and the booking of veterinary appointments
- Light IT support such as updating iPads, rebooting Wi-Fi, and signing into streaming accounts on the TVs
- Care of the vehicle fleet of 6 vehicles. You will ensure they are kept fuelled, clean, adequately stocked with water, and well maintained.
- You will be required to travel with the family to their homes in the Caribbean, and Europe
- Excellent organisational skills with a high attention to detail
- Fluent command of English in both verbal and written communication
- Honest and trustworthy individual with a can-do attitude
- Extensive experience in similar position within a private family residence with contactable references
- Must be flexible and adapt to the family’s needs
- Confident, professional and welcoming personality
- Proficient but not necessarily professional cooking skills using fresh seasonal ingredients
- High level of integrity
- Dog lover