Weekend Family Assistant/Manny/Nanny
A busy family is looking to hire an energetic and reliable Weekend Family Assistant to engage with their early teen child and be an extra set of hands in their home.
Saturday 12pm – 11pm
Sunday 10am - 8PM
Overnight accommodation on Saturday is available if more convenient.
One overnight during the week is also required, schedule 5pm-8am.
- The ideal candidate is highly energetic, active and has a passion for creating a stimulating, nurturing, and safe environment for children. He/She is someone who is sporty (tennis, soccer, biking, etc), fun, energetic, active and engaging. This requires a self-starter who can motivate kids and can do activities alongside them. He/she should be comfortable with early teen age children and should have a natural rapport with kids and be able to maintain a sunny disposition and high energy throughout longer work days. Experience with kids with ADHD is highly prioritized, however someone patient and calm will work equally well.
- Provide a positive and stimulating environment for the child with age appropriate indoor and outdoor activities.
- Drive child to and from activities, athletics, playdates, appointments, etc.
- Prepare for activities (pack snacks and necessary attire/equipment, weather appropriate layers, etc.).
- Efficiently utilize and update the family calendar.
- Communicate effectively with both parents and other staff members.
- Grocery shop and prepare simple, healthy snacks and meals for the child.
- Perform light housework, help with dinner service and laundry.
- Run errands as requested.
The right candidate is kind, dependable, and has strong communication skills. We are seeking a self-starter who enjoys supporting a busy family and can anticipate their needs. You should be naturally neat and tidy, capable of trouble-shooting tech with children, a competent swimmer, CPR and First Aid certified, and comfortable driving in area in all weather conditions.
Clean record driving license and friendly with large dogs.
Compensation of $35-40 per hour, with a guaranteed minimum of 20 hours per week. A private bedroom and bathroom are available if you prefer to live-in during your work days