Nurturing, patient and experienced career nanny needed for a solo parent WFH family with two adorable children (toddler + infant) in Chicago's Andersonville neighborhood. Toddler attends very part-time preschool 3 mornings a week. Family assistant duties are included in the role, so an eye for detail, a pro-active mindset, and a background in household management are a huge plus. To succeed in the role, the nanny will view themselves as a "second pair of hands", focused on making the parent's life easier, with an ability to "read the room" stepping in to assist and helping in the background as needed.
- professional career nannies only please: a true passion for young children; experience with juggling the schedule and needs of a toddler (2-3 years old) and baby, and recent references to speak to this
- playful, patient and calm: a genuine interest in and knowledge of gentle and respectful parenting and play-based childhood development (Montessori and/or Emilia Reggio methodologies)
- comfortable with a WFH, hands-on parent -- involved but not at all micro-managing
- children are generally healthy with no allergies or ongoing conditions, but must be willing to provide care when they're sick as all kids are from time to time
- safe and reliable own vehicle required for running errands and very very occasional child transport (gas reimbursed)
- dependable, reliable, relentlessly punctual
- clean background check and driving record; 3 references
- up to date vaccines for covid, flu , tdap; CPR, first-aid certified
Not a must, but ideal:
- familiarity with RIE, baby wearing, baby-led weaning, baby sign language, and attachment/responsive parenting
- occasional availability for overnight care in the home if parent travels for work (less than a handful of times a year)
- travel with family domestically and international a few times a year
- flexibility for occasional longer days; opportunity for evening and weekend babysitting if desired
Schedule, to start ASAP:
For remainder of 2023, guaranteed 40-45 hours/week (M 11-7, T-Th 8-5/6, F 9-2). Open to discussion.
Beginning in Jan. 2024, guaranteed 45-50 hours/week (7:30/8am-5:30/6 M-Th with option for shorter F).