Seeking a temporary full-time, experienced live-out Housekeeper/Laundress. Position has potential to become permanent.
Successful candidate will be very detail oriented and posess extensive cleaning experience in luxury private residences, including a strong understanding of the care and laundering of fine garments, leather goods, handbags, etc.
This position will work as a team with the head housekeeper. Hours will be Mon-Fri 9-5 with a rotating Saturday (day off during week on weeks Saturday is required). Candidate should have ability to mange time wisely and be capable of both working autonomously and as a team.
Household has two adult occupants. No children, one dog.
- All aspects of general housekeeping, deep cleaning, and general upkeep of the interior
- Adhering to weekly/monthly/quarterly/annual checklists
- Coordinating with on-site caretaker for interior repairs and preventive maintenance of appliances as needed
- Proficiency in caring for special surfaces (wood, marble, leather, antiques, exotic skins, silver, etc.)
- Completing the family’s laundry including washing, steaming and pressing garments and linens
- Superior organization skills
- Pack and unpack for travel
- Minor care of the family pet (feeding and cleaning up after her)
- Occasional errands such as running packages to post office
- Manage household stock levels (consumables, hygiene products, pantry items)
- Additional Housekeeper responsibilities and duties as needed and requested by the family
- Must speak intermediate to strong English
- Excellent references required from both current and previous employers
- Minimum 3 -5+ years of experience working in a private home
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Exceptional organizational skills and dedication to responsibilities; willing and able to take direction well
- Thorough knowledge of deep household cleaning, laundry, organization.
- Polished, poised and professional in both mindset and manner; use of utmost discretion and confidentiality at all times
- Flexibility in scheduling with the willingness to work additional hours as needed