“To stimulate life, leaving it free, however, to unfold itself, that is the first duty of the educator.” ~Maria Montessori
We seek a warm-hearted, mature, humble and sincere interim Governess / Nanny / Educator to care and provide ongoing developmental support for a very healthy 1 year old. This position is full-time, live-out yet will require some weekends, holidays, travel and occasional overnight shifts. Scheduling flexibility is a VERY BIG plus but would ultimately evolve into a 90% fixed schedule. We are open to candidates from all areas, it's more important that we find the right fit.
Our ideal Nanny/Governess will have strong experience as a nanny and/or child educator (open to teachers with experience working with children ages 1-5). They will bring a mindful and calm energy to our home. They will create a safe, nurturing environment for our child. They will have a passion to teach, to ignite curiosity and pull from their deep understanding of Montessori, RIE, Reggio Emilia and/or Steiner methods to influence the daily environment.
Daily responsibilities include:
- Assisting in daily care, support, education, and activities of our baby.
- Supporting cognitive, emotional, and conscious behavioral development.
- Other responsibilities as required and requested by the family or team member
- Organizing closets/drawers, ordering/purchasing, administrative functions, preparation for curriculum, errands, etc.
- Passionate about conscious child development and in-depth experience working with young children during their formative years.
- Experience working with infants, toddlers, and young children in an educational setting (ie. Montessori Trained or Certified. Familiarity or certification in Steiner Education or Reggio Emilia; Mandarin Teacher, etc.).
- A degree in ECE and prior pre k / kindergarten teaching experience and curriculum development strongly desired.
- Familiar with NAEYC standards and practices
- Familiar with RIE and its best practices with infants and toddlers.
- A sound understanding of early developmental milestones (motor, sensory, communication).
- Willingness and passion to continue training, deepen professional development, and/or learn new educational modalities is a must.
- Current First Aid/CPR Certified (prior to hire)
- Strong command of English language; excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Self directed, comfortable working individually, and as part of a larger team
- Able and willing to travel domestically and internationally
- Valid Driver’s License
- Currently resides OR willing to relocate to Palm Beach, Florida.
Compensation and benefits are flexible and competitive and dependent upon the candidate's experience and education. What is most important is finding the right resonance and fit for all parties.
If this role sounds like an opportunity that speaks to you, please submit your current and up-to-date Resume and Cover Letter letting us know why you’re right for this role. You are also welcome to share any additional supporting documents or information you feel will help us get to know you better.
If we feel like there could be a match, next steps may include a phone call/zoom interview, one-way or two-way video introduction to the family, assessment, and an in-person interview
We truly look forward to hearing from you.