Position – House Manager
Reporting to – Estate Manager
Location – Bentonville, AR
A private family is seeking a versatile and highly motivated individual to join the Property Management team as a House Manager. The House Manager will provide on-site support for the busy family, working discreetly to ensure the primary residence is organized, stocked, and running smoothly. The ideal individual must be a self-starter who is service-oriented and enjoys working in a team environment that is mission and results driven.
The schedule will include occasional nights and weekends. The House Manager may travel domestically on a consistent or ad hoc basis (up to 20%). Locations of work will vary and could include office locations, private residences, and properties under construction.
- Assist with management and care of the primary family property and vehicles. Ensure all areas are maintained, organized, and safe for children and pets.
- Provide seamless owner experience and anticipate household needs. Execute pre-arrival and post-departure checklists, provide daily household upkeep, and assist with packing and unpacking.
- Manage and train housekeeping staff on best practices to ensure cleanliness of property. Provide backup housekeeping and laundry support as needed.
- Coordinate closely with the Private Chef to ensure family meal preferences are met. Set tables and provide dining service as requested.
- Coordinate the service, maintenance, and transport of sporting equipment, gear, and children-related items.
- Manage pet care including meals, vet visits, administering scheduled medications, walks, and exercise.
- Assist with mail delivery and shipping, personal shopping, gift purchasing, and other personal errands or specialized concierge services as requested.
- Support the Estate Manager with on-property events hosted by the family.
- Act as an added layer of security, communicating concerns or vulnerabilities quickly.
- Provide supplementary support to the Property Management team.
Characteristics for success
- Unquestionable ethics and integrity. Demonstrated ability to protect privacy and maintain discretion in dealing with highly confidential information.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Service approach with a highlighted sense of accountability, empathy, and humility.
- Highly resourceful team-player, solution-oriented, and comfortable operating with incomplete information.
- Effective independently and in a semi-remote environment. Remain accessible and responsive beyond business hours.
- Very strong interpersonal skills, professional demeanor, and ability to maintain grace under pressure when adapting to a rapidly changing environment, including reprioritization or reassignment of responsibilities.
- Intellectual agility and the ability to analyze and think critically.
- Highly proficient with various technology platforms including Microsoft Office, Macintosh OS, Adobe Acrobat, Airtable, Dropbox, and DocuSign.
- Five years of relevant hospitality experience in a supportive role requiring a high level of client service.
- Experience working in small to medium sized companies preferred. Experience working in a start-up environment is a plus.
- Comfortable working in a family environment with children and pets.
- Ability to pass background and driving record checks. Valid driver’s license. Willingness to sign a Confidentiality Agreement.
My client is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building and maintaining a culturally diverse workplace. We encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status of protected veteran, among other things or status as a qualified individual with a disability.