Fast-paced prominent family seeking a take charge estate/facilities manager to manage their Miami estate. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in estate management for UHNW families with at least 3 years verifiable management experience in this role. This position will be primarily responsible for managing the facilities maintenance staff and will work closely with the executive housekeeper. Ability to manage vendors, special projects and requests on the fly. Prefer a local candidate with a black book knowledge of local vendors. Will consider relocation for that one-of-kind outstanding individual. We have a high quality team of facilities maintenance techs, we need a leader that has the hands on expieierience with carpentry, electrical, painting and plumbing. Knoweledge of tropical landscaping is highly desireable. This is a busy hands on role, I need to you to lead by example!
- Fluent in English, both written and oral skills.
- Driver’s License
- Verifiable references, and work history.
- A true sense of professional service attitude while maintaining strict privacy and discretion.
- Basic skills in carpentry, electrical and plumbing.
- Familiarity with low voltage systems including audio, video, home automation and lighting control.
- Strong skills in tropical landscaping.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to pass background test.
- Prior experience as facilities maintenance technician.
- Able to work extended hours and days when required, a true 24/7 mentality required.
- Manage facilities maintenance staff.
- Ability to train, coach and council.
- Positive attitude, and a lead-by-example demeanor.
- Discreet and providing full confidentiality & security of the family information, details and personal movements at all times.
- Manage day to day vendors.
- Familiar with the creation and implementation of hurricane plans.
- Working knowledge of maintenance and care of waterfront properties.
- Keen eye and proactive attitude for regular maintenance needs.
- Knowledge of proper security protocols, including the maintenance of fire and other alarm systems.
- Assisting with special dinners and events that require furniture rental, delivery and pickup and other related logistics.
- Ability to perform under pressure and occasional long hours.
- Accurate record keeping and composing weekly reports to principle.
Equal Opportunity Employer, the salary will be commensurate with experience.