Position Summary: The Facilities Engineer is responsible for assisting the Estate Manager and Facility Manager in building systems management while maintaining existing assets to the highest aesthetic and performance standards. Ensures a uniform and consistent product delivery at various locations. Communicates directly with internal departments and external vendors concerning project needs. Provides guidance in a variety of facility field concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Assist Estate and Facilities Managers in achieving a high level of service, detail, and performance standards - with a focus in HVAC, Networking, Lutron, and Audio/Video - in a commercial grade building.
- Perform daily and weekly inspections of property to ensure all systems and aesthetics are in optimal conditions at all times.
- Coordinate and support all aspects of maintenance and service on control and HVAC, lighting, and shade systems.
- Coordinate with IT department to support all aspects of maintenance and service on video, PC and networked systems.
- Oversee current facility related systems to a higher level of operational ease and sophistication by integration with new technology processes. This includes design, implementation and ongoing support.
- Oversee contractor process; proposals, project/plan design, project work/completion, relationship management, safety, etc.
- Coordinate the protection, handling and care of Art and luxury finishes and accessories.
- Ensure quality issues are identified and reported to the appropriate department and are rectified.
- Facilitate building system upgrades which may include design, programming, testing, commissioning, operation, maintenance and repair.
- Advise the Estate Manager & Facilities Manager on budget preparation, program changes, goal establishments and short/long range planning.
- On-call responsibility that requires immediate response to facility related needs.
- Adhere to and ensure compliance with all relevant OSHA safety regulations for all facility personnel