Looking for a discrete, proactive, organized, detail oriented, and reliable personal assistant-cookcook who is willing to wear different hats. In this role flexibility with schedule and anticipation of the principals’ needs are a must. This position will largely be Monday-Friday, but we need a 24/7 mindset with the ability to work weekends especially during the summer. The daily schedule may change based on principal’s needs. During the summer, you will be required to work in the mornings, take a break during the day and return to work for a few hours in the evening to help trough dinner.
The principal has a vacation home at the New Jersey Shore where she spends most of the summer. You will be required to travel back and forth to/from the beach property and/or to live-in while family and guests are there.
There are 2 young adult children who visit often year-round during weekends, holidays and vacations.
What You’ll Do:
- Arranging and managing cleaning services for both homes.
- Preparing healthy meals for lunch and dinner as requested.
- Grocery shopping and keeping the fridge stocked with breakfast-lunch items like cut up fruits, vegetables, cold cuts and salads
- Updating household inventories and procuring supplies.
- Coordinate, monitor and log all maintenance and improvements for two properties.
- Managing vendor and contractor relationships, including scheduling, accounts payable, project management, etc.
- Routinely inspect properties for repairs needed and address them with vendors.
- Organization/monitoring of household projects. Collaborate with principal in redecorating spaces, switching furniture, updating household items and holiday décor.
- Tidying up the house between cleanings.
- Creating, updating and implementing manuals and tasks list for cleaning and maintenance of the homes.
- Responsible for car maintenance and related issues
- Personal shopping, running errands and concierge work.
- Assisting in packing and unpacking.
- Assisting in technology setting. Updating computers, e-filing, video/picture editing, software updates, hardware set up (printer/scanner/cameras and other accessories)
- Coordinating travel arrangements that require detailed itineraries and changing logistics.
- Daily care of pets including feeding, walking, vet and grooming appointments and maintaining pet supplies
- Setting/clearing dinner table and leaving the kitchen clean and organized
- Overseeing few small events and family gatherings including holiday celebrations.
- At the beach house, assisting with house cleaning and set up. Refreshing towels, tying up the house, cleaning up after guests. There is a cleaning company that does the deep cleaning, but you’ll be required to assist in maintaining the beach home clean and organized in between cleanings.
- Acting as liaison to the principal’s fast-paced family office.
What You’ll Need:
- Minimum 3-5 years related experience working on a similar role for a private family. References must be provided.
- Incredibly hands-on approach to principal’s service.
- Utmost discretion, professionalism and confidentiality are required.
- Flexibility in scheduling with willingness to work weekends as needed.
- Exceptional organizational skills and dedication to responsibilities
- Experience preparing healthy meals for dinner with little to no direction
- Positive and professional attitude
- Fluent in English is a must.
- Valid Driver’s License with clean driving record.
- Technology savvy with proficiency in Mac. QuickBooks/Quicken knowledge are a plus.
- Must LOVE dogs and cats.