Seeking an onsite professional, detail oriented and experienced Craftsman to take full responsibility for the landscape maintenance and management of a multi-hundred acre property in Napa County, California. Responsibilities include all aspects of landscape maintenance in addition to maintenance, renovation and repair of property houses, barns, water systems, roads and other infrastructure. The incumbent will act as the sole person responsible for performing these tasks in most cases, but can engage occassional supplemental/specialized assistance. The incumbent will also live on the property, providing 24/7 security. This position will report directly to the Property Owner.
- Care, maintenance, management and development of all landscaping. This includes turf, planting beds, trees, shrubs, irrigation systems, fertilization, pruning, disease control, etc.
- Maintenance, repair, and development of all structures and improvements. This includes main, guest, and Ranch Manager houses, tractor and horse barns, and utility buildings. It also includes walks, drives, roads, culverts, water systems, pond, springs, fences and gates, etc.
- Manage cars, trucks, heavy and landscape equipment, UTVs, etc. Assure all road vehicles are washed, fueled, registered and ready for use at any time.
- Lives on the property in provided housing, provides 24/7 security, monitors all traffic and visitors.
- Liaises with PG&E, inspectors, repairmen, and other suppliers/visitors.
- Guards the property and its contents keeping them safe and secure. Limits traffic and visitors maintaining privacy.
- No formal supervisory responsibilities
- Degree or equivalent experience in horticulture, agricultural science or similar.
- At least 10 years' experience in most phases of hands on building constructions.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with turf management; grasses, fertilizer, pests, seasonal requirements, cutting, etc.
- Extensive knowledge of tree and shrub species, requirements, care, maintenance, pruning, and installation.
- Extensive knowledge of annual, perennial, and flowering plant species, requirements, care, maintenance, deadheading, pruning, and installation.
- Able to perform all landscaping tasks such as planting and transplanting, trimming, chemical applications, clearing brush, mulching, edging, weeding, etc.
- Experience with irrigation systems. Understands how they work, can program, operate, troubleshoot, and effect most repairs.
- Able to operate a variety of outdoor power and small construction equipment as required for grounds maintenance and renovation. Can maintain same and effect basic repairs. Knows what tools are available and stays current, utilizes the appropriate tool in any given situation. Takes good care of equipment so as to maximize efficiency, effectiveness, and life.
- Broad knowledge and experience in construction, renovation and building maintenance. Able to self-perform most residential plumbing, electrical, carpentry, masonry, and similar work, from minor repairs to renovation to new construction.
- Works to current code.