We are looking for a Caretaker/Houseman/Handyman for a small 5 star Boutique Hotel in Bedford, NY.
Candidates must be local to the area within 15/30 minutes drive - If you are not local to the area, PLEASE do not apply for this position!!
It is a 5 days part time position, 5 hours/day Saturday to Wednesday. Flexibility is essential as you will be working in hotel industry. On-call for emergencies. It is not a supervising or a managing position.
Candidates must be vaccinated, have a clean DL, non smoker.
Ideal candidate will be able to perform any tasks to keep the place pristine. Must be friendly with a desire to help his co-workers and work as a team.
- You must be a good listener and a good communicator in order to perform this job and to report to the Director of Property,
- Highly proactive and resourceful, able to solve problems with minimal oversight,
- No job is too big or too small, very hands-on, and willing to go above and beyond to get the job done,
- Requires basic carpentry skills, plumbing, and knowledge of electrical to perform daily repairs,
- Ability to perform outdoor and indoor heavy duty cleaning, organization including moving furniture,
- Ability to perform light landscaping,
- Ability to do minor property repairs, painting, and operate necessary power equipment
- A minimum of 3-5 years relevant work experience as a caretaker or houseman in the private or corporate environments is necessary,
- Strong communication skills,
- Have an eye for details as the property needs to be maintained in pristine conditions,
- 5-7 years experience as a caretaker or houseman in high-end residences, 5 star hotels,
- Excellent references from current and previous positions, willing to have a background check and to sign a confidentiality agreement
- A good English is essential
- Manage all deliveries and receiving,
- Perform daily walk through of the property, responsible for the upkeep, maintenance, repairs, emergency response for all building structures,
- Responsible for all walkways, patio, stairs snow removal,
- Refilling firewood for outdoor fireplace, keep it organized,
- Set-up indoor and outdoor decorations based on seasonal needs,
- Responsible for blowing leaves, picking up branches, cleaning parking areas, fixing outdoor lights,
- Checking, fixing hotel rooms electrical, plumbing, gas fireplaces, etc
- Keeping basement rooms for all IT equipment and Inn amenities organized & clean,
- Painting inside and outside when needed,
- Able to perform light carpentry tasks like fixing fences, door trims, cabinet doors, etc
- Cleaning all outdoor equipments: fountains, furniture, walkways based on seasonal maintenance,
- Refilling beverages, Inn amenities, etc
- Maintaining Hotel car including cleaning the interior, checking for engine oil inspection always ensuring the pristine condition of the vehicle,
- Driving guests when needed,
- Helping guests with luggages when needed,
- Helping with events set-up and guests requirements when needed,
- Running errands when needed