Busy prominent family seeking experienced and detail-oriented Live-out Executive Housekeeper in their Los Angeles area Estate's second shift. Hours would normally be from 5pm to Midnight while principle in residence and would shift to the day shift while principle out of residence.
The candidate must have at least 3 years’ experience working in formal homes. The ideal candidate(s) will be of a continual pleasant demeanor with honesty held in the highest regard. A can-do attitude at all times while no task is too large. Ability to take direction well and fulfill the standards of the principal. Ability to adapt and flow well with an ever-changing environment.
This is a very busy and fast-paced household with two full shifts of housekeeping staff seven days per week. This is a working, lead by example position. This position reports to the facilities manager. The Exec Housekeeper will be responsible for management of the entire estate operations while the Facilities Manager is abscent.
Basic job requirements:
Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Excellent command of the English language.
- Live in Los Angeles Area
- Verifiable references, ability to pass background and credit checks.
- A true sense of professional service attitude while maintaining strict privacy and discretion.
- Prior experience as laundress or full knowledge of the care of fine clothing.
- Reliable transportation.
- Daily Laundry assignments.
- Ability to train, coach and council.
- Responsible for managing the entire housekeeping staff.
- Familiar with the creation of House Manuals to ensure the successful implementation of the Principles aesthetic desires.
- Ability to food shop for chef(s) and maintain excellent financial records of all food related expenditures.
- Museum-quality cleaning of residence and guest homes.
- Maintain fine furnishings, antiques and collective art.
- Daily change of bed linens, sheets, towels
- Assisting with special dinners and events (setting table/clearing/cleanup)
- Demonstratable skills in formal service, napkin folding, etc.
- Maintaining household organization (supplies, sundries, closets, pantries, cabinets, etc.)
- Household errands.
- Ability to create and maintain inventory of household items.
- Laundry and ironing of clothing and linens, caring for fine garments, assisting the principal’s valet for travel packing/unpacking.
- Ensuring that all guests are greeted in the absence of the butler.
- Ensuring no vendors are unescorted while in the residence.
- References and experience gained in a formal home with precious artwork is required.
Full-time, Days of week may vary, no travel is required however during major events, temporary travel may be requested. Hours may vary somewhat when employers are in residence. Equal Opportunity Employer