Private residence seeks a live-in housekeeper with experience in formal households. This is a full-time permanent position working five days per week from 8:30 am to 6:30pm and traveling with the family to their different houses domestic and internationally.
The ideal candidate must have previous experience working in a private formal residence or a private yacht, able to work in a non-intrusive manner, possess a high level of integrity, and exhibit exceptional attention to detail.
This is not a "live out" position. Please Do Not Apply if you are seeking a live out position.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to perform general daily housekeeping and deep cleaning throughout the home meeting and exceeding formal household standards.
- Perform all aspects of laundry, ironing, and steam iron: hand washing fine garments and clothing, men’s dress shirts, table linens, and bath towels.
- Laundering and steam ironing bed sheets, pillowcases, and duvet.
- Meticulous closet organization throughout the house as per instructions.
- Support the chef by washing dishes and cleaning the kitchen periodically throughout the shift, including break down and cleaning at end of shift.
- Packing and unpacking clothes from travel with detailed organization.
- Provide end of day housekeeping services, refresh spaces, turn on lighting, organize and restock items as needed.
- Gentle care of fine dishware and glassware, polishing of silver when needed.
- Providing service for special events, formal dining, holidays, and family gatherings.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in private homes or private yacht filling a similar role.
- Punctual and dedicated.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, able to meet high standards without immediate supervision.
- Proficient at ironing and using a steam iron.
- Experience in formal dining service, table settings, and napkin folding.
- Proactive, keen attention to detail, anticipating needs of the principals.
- Active and agile, able to move easily about, and climb stairs
- Verifiable references and comprehensive background check are required.
- Ability to read and write in English, including strong verbal communication skills.
- Must be reliable
- Valid Driver’s License and Valid US work authorization.