Private family in Chicago is seeking a House Manager/Personal Assistant to join their team as soon as possible. The Personal Assistant/House Manager will be responsible for handling day-to-day logistics of the family's personal needs and properties. The successful candidate will be exceptionally organized, detail oriented and proactive. They will possess strong verbal and communication skills, be resourceful, flexible, and professional. Candidate must have previous experience providing personal support to a family or Executive and have experience managing multiple residences/construction projects. This is a fantastic opportunity to become an integral part of a lovely family.
- Provide top notch Personal Assistant support to family and manage their homes
- Coordinate family calendars, including liaising with childrens' nannies, etc.
- Plan and execute travel calendar for family
- Manage household, coordinate errands, household family vendor management (decorators, appliance repair, meeting / overseeing various work on behalf of family at 2nd home in nearby area).
- Upkeep of cars (insurance, registrations)
- Administrative upkeep such as passport renewals, etc.
- Coordinate outgoing Christmas cards, gifts and occasional party preparation and planning
- Ad hoc projects as needed
• Candidate must be very organized, exceptional detail orientation and ability to anticipate needs intelligently
• 5-7+ years experience working in a private residence or in a similar capacity
• Must have a reliable vehicle as occasional travel to nearby properties (within driving distance) will be required
• Works very well with others; must be able to manage vendors professionally and hold them accountable while being professional
• Must work well with other more domestic oriented family staff (nannies, cook, etc)
• Discretion and trustworthiness
• Comfortable and friendly around kids
• Excellent process management skills
• A flexible and positive approach to the job is a must!
• Technology savvy
SALARY is commensurate with experience and full benefits will be provided.
HOURS: 8/8:30am-5:30/6pm (DOE) + 24/7 mentality when needs arise (i.e. changes to travel, etc.).