An executive couple with no children based at an estate 45 min outside of Dublin (Wicklow county), Ireland is seeking an experienced couple.
The property is a 7-bed Georgian house with equestrian facilities set in 62 acres of paddocks, lawns, and gardens.
It is located in a rural setting close to various small towns.
They are looking for a warm-natured, dedicated, professional couple. Enthusiastic, hard-working, discreet, and loyal with high attention to detail.
The two roles are Housekeeper / House Manager and Estate Manager / Groundsman (gardening).
The couple should jointly manage all the running of the property on a day-to-day basis and oversee any maintenance work where required.
Be flexible and independent enough to manage the estate when the family is away.
Nonsmoking. Clean driver’s license.
General role for Estate Manager / Groundsman
- Maintenance of the houses, outbuildings, paddocks, hedges, driveways and gardens to a high standard.
- Cutting grass and maintaining lawns.
- Trimming and edging the lawns and borders.
- A good general handyman.
- Ability to maintain both the exterior and interior of the property to a high standard.
- Oversee contractors in maintaining the property.
- Day-to-day management of the equestrian work (stable cleaning, feeding, grooming, etc).
- Ability to recruit and manage stable staff to assist with this role.
- Chauffeuring and maintaining/cleaning cars.
- Manage and maintain all estate machinery.
- Security of the property/grounds.
- Responsible for garden waste and compost.
- Responsible for household waste and recycling.
- Computer literate.
General Role for Housekeeper / House Manager
- Keep the house clean to a high standard. This includes polishing, vacuuming, washing, dusting and general cleaning.
- Washing, ironing and maintaining the wardrobes of the two family members.
- Window cleaning.
- Making beds and changing linen.
- Keeping the house neat and tidy at all times.
- Maintain stock of logs for open fires, lay/light/clear when necessary.
- Keep utility stocked with products required for house maintenance/cleaning.
- Care for silverware and fine furnishings.
- Dispose of all kitchen waste both organic and recycling.
- Clean and polish shoes.
- Overseeing the dogs and occasional dog sitting.
- Catering for and serving at dinner parties.
- High attention to detail.
- Computer literate.
There are two dogs (Maltese) within the residence so you must be comfortable around dogs.
PERMANENT POSITION – Hours: 40 hours per week 5 days.
- Very competitive includes full Health insurance.
- Accommodation is a beautiful, 3-bedroom cottage, separate from the main residence. Utilities included.
- Auto provided
We will not consider any candidates for registration without verifiable references. Applicants must be eligible to work in Ireland.
STARTING DATE: ASAP
Interested candidates who meet (or exceed) the needs of this wonderful opportunity should email BUTLER FOR YOU / Sebastian Hirsch with full work history, a current photo and written references.