We are looking for a Personal/Family Assistant in San Francisco. We have elementary-school age children, we both work - one primary owns her own business, we travel, and need some help keeping everything on track! The successful candidate will partner with us as we raise our kids and will also ensure that our primary home and other properties run smoothly. We value detail orientation, problem solving, resourcefulness, good judgment, and clear communication. This is a great opportunity to find your next long-term position.
NOTE: This role requires someone that is trustworthy and great with kids.
15+ hr/ week of Childcare tasks:
- Supervising after school activities as needed
- Playing with kids and activities and outings (zoo, park, local attractions) when not in school
- Transportation to and from activities
- Date night once a week (dinner with kids, bedtime, and evening babysitting)
- Occasional overnights and time on weekends (depending on your availability)
- Organizing and clearing out backpacks
- Driving children to and from school
- Packing lunches and snacks for school
- Monthly clear out / organization of all toys/clothing
- Ongoing shopping for clothes, items needed for school
25+ hr/ week Personal Assistant tasks:
- Maintain a master calendar for all activities and appointments for family and both primaries.
- Maintain list of outstanding errands/items that need completion.
- Conduct daily walk through to ensure home is kept tidy and organized, order and maintain all backstock, maintain organization within house and actively organize pantry and closets.
- Assist primary in daily personal and professional administrative tasks; represent primary in personal and professional correspondence, organize invoicing system, pay household bills, and assist with financial organization.
- Coordinate vet and grooming appointments and exercise for family dog.
- Handle weekly grocery shopping.
- Responsible for coordinating and/or purchasing hotel, flights, and transport for family
- Will occasionally travel and handle all travel prep; pack children, shopping, and pre-planning for trip, maintain and upkeep of all family travel documentation.
- Remotely manage properties for real estate in California and Wyoming;
- manage communication with tenants, troubleshoot tenant issues as they arise, maintain list of ongoing maintenance items and tenant needs to discuss with primary and resolve on an ongoing basis, build and maintain household manuals for each property, coordinate household staff and vendors, manage process of filling vacancies, maintain seasonal routines and procedures for the household interior and exterior needs to include landscaping, window washing, power washing, filters, etc.
- Coordinate renovation project on primary San Francisco residence;
- Provide updates to primaries, liaise, and oversee construction and renovation from design to coordination of schedules, inspections, permit monitoring, and subcontractor oversight. Ensure that the project is executed in accordance with designs, budgets, and schedules; take appropriate action to minimize the impact of deviations
- 4-Year degree from accredited college or university required.
- Minimum of 5+ years of relevant experience working in private homes required, House Manager experience highly desired.
- Strong understanding of Gmail, Google Calendar/Docs/Sheets and MS Office Suite required.
- Excellent technology skills desired.
- Must possess superior project management, process management and time management skills.
- Must love kids and dogs.
- Must be low key, discrete, meticulous, and have a personable character.
- Must be a self-starter, sharp, and hard working with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be flexible with availability to work overtime and weekends from time to time
- Calm under pressure with an extremely positive attitude are very important.
- Valid driver’s license with a perfect driving record.
- Must have a valid Passport for international travel.
- Legal to work in the United States.
- Able to pass an extensive background check, including criminal and credit checks.