Lovely and kind NYC family of 5 (2 adults, 3 children) seeking a top notch, full-time Private Chef to join their team. The Chef will prepare fresh, tasty meals as requested by the employer, ideally maintaining an organic farm to table theme. The family maintains a primarily vegetarian based diet, and prefers simple, healthy meals.
The Chef will also manage the kitchen areas of the employer’s home(s), stocking and maintaining the pantry, and grocery shopping for all food and kitchen supplies. Chef will also be responsible for keeping a clean and organized kitchen throughout the meal preparation process.
Ideal candidates will be warm, friendly, and discreet – knowing when to engage with the family and guests while always maintaining professional boundaries.
Chef should be comfortable with and experienced in sourcing high-quality, organic, sustainable foods and be excited to create healthy, flavorful meals every day.
- Five-day workweek (likely Tuesday-Saturday schedule); Weekend work will be required
- Start Date: September
- In-home private chef experience with proven track record of success and ideally top-level luxury restaurant experience
- Able to work a flexible schedule, depending on the schedule and needs of the family
- Able to provide the highest quality foods and service, and remain flexible to the changing requests of the employer
- Provide casual service of meals if requested by employer
- Open to potential travel to employer's other residences in Aspen and the Hamptons
- Able to work legally in the United States
- Must be able to pass an in-depth background investigation
- Most importantly, we are looking for candidates with a fabulous attitude who can interact professionally and pleasantly with the family and other team members – and know professional boundaries
100% Medical & Dental Coverage
Paid Vacation & Sick Days