We seek a warm-hearted, mature, humble and sincere career Nanny / Governess to provide long term care for our 8-month-old baby. The ideal candidate is seeking a minimum of a 1 year commitment, but preferably much longer if the stars align.
The schedule would ideally be live-out, 5-6 days a week. However, due to the nature of our lives and work schedules, we would require our Nanny / Governess to be able to work flexible hours, including weekends, some holidays and occasionally, a possible overnight shift.
Our ideal Nanny is confident and able to create a safe and nurturing environment for our baby, as well as cultivate a strong relationship with our family. In a perfect world, they would be fluent in Mandarin.
Daily responsibilities may include:
- Assisting in the daily care, nurturing, sleep, and mindful watch of the baby;
- Assisting with maintaining the child’s bed-time and sleep/feeding schedules;
- Supporting cognitive, emotional and behavioral development/learning
- Other Nanny duties and responsibilities as required and requested by the family
- Some light household support (organizing, ordering supplies, light cleanup, errands, etc.) with the priority being the baby.
Heart, chemistry, sincerity and experience are at the top of our list, however, it would be a tremendous plus if you share any / a few of the following attributes and/or experience:
- A heart for not only caring for children but their development as well
- Expeirence working with younger children within an educational setting (ie. Montessori Trained or Certified. Familiarity or certification in Steiner Education or Reggio Emilia; Mandarin Teacher, etc.)
- Degree in ECE and prior pre k / k teaching experience and curriculum development strongly desired
- Willingness and passion to continue training, professional development or learn new educational modalities
- Legally entitled to work in the U.S.A.
- Experience working with young children during their most formative years.
- Familiar with NAYES standards and practices
- A sound understanding of early developmental milestones such as motor, sensory, communication and feeding.
- Current First Aid/CPR Certified (prior to hire)
- Open to a flexible schedule
- Strong command of English language; excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Comfortable working in a fully staffed home and working as part of a larger team
- Embrace working both independently and as part of a family team
- Able and willing to travel domestically and internationally (30%) is a plus
- Valid Driver’s License
- Either currently reside or be willing to relocate to West Palm Beach, Florida.
Compensation and benefits are flexible and competitive. It is most important for us to find the perfect fit for our family and child.
If this role sounds like an opportunity you'd be passionate about, please submit your most updated resume with a cover letter and photo letting us know why you’re right for this role and how your experience aligns with our ideals and your salary requirements. You are also welcome to share any additional supporting documents you feel will help us get to know you better.
If we feel like there could be a match, next steps may include a phone call, one-way or two-way video evaluations, online personality assessment, and finally, an in-person interview.
We truly look forward to hearing from you.
Job Type: Full-time