Ranch Hand/Assistant needed to assist the Ranch Manager and Assistant Ranch Manager with the year-round upkeep of a private property in Aspen, CO. The associate will assist the Ranch Manager to preserve, protect and enhance the agricultural and scenic assets of the property. The property consists of a single-family home, horse barn, irrigation systems, trail systems, Ranch Manager’s home and facilities garage.
- Assist the Ranch Manager and Assistant Ranch Manager with the overall "natural" portions of the property, including, but not limited to:
- - walking and bridle trails
- - naturally occurring springs
- - drainage areas
- - debris flow protection
- Assist with maintaining the agricultural portions of the property.
- Assist with maintaining all buildings on the Ranch, including all building systems. This includes, but is not limited to, HVAC, plumbing, septic and fire protection.
- Assist the Ranch Manager with the seasonal needs of the property, including, but not limited to:
- - Snow removal from the roads, roofs and walkways, as required.
- - Summer set up of the outdoor areas.
- - Cleaning and repairing fences.
- - Cleaning and storing equipment.
- Assist the Ranch Manager and Assistant Ranch Manager in setting up the main residence in advance of visits by the principles.
Knowledge and Critical Skills/ Expertise:
- Working knowledge of the use, care and maintenance of various equipment used in the process of property management including tractors, snowmobiles, snow blowers, and small tools is preferred but not required.
- General knowledge of plumbing, electrical, and carpentry is preferred but not required; training will be provided in the maintenance and operation of sophisticated residential mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems.
- Outdoor exposure to cold winter, high altitude conditions.
- Ability to perform heavy lifting, shoveling and normally extensive manual labor.
- Ability to operate tractors and farm implements that involve the use of hydraulic and power takeoff controls and systems.
- Ability to work at high altitudes in hot and cold conditions.
- The applicant should have a good attitude and be willing to learn and take orders from the Ranch Manager and Assistant Ranch Manager.
- The applicant should be personable with a reliable and professional attitude to fellow workers, neighbors, vendors and local officials.
- Flexibility, confidentiality and initiative are of the utmost importance in this position. The applicant should be able to multi-task and work on their own.
To apply or for more details, please email your resume and CV for consideration. Start date is as soon as possible, but may be flexible for the right candidate.