A family of four (+ a large friendly dog) is seeking an experienced, organized, and detail-oriented housekeeper with excellent standards of cleanliness. The full-time housekeeper will attend to all areas of our home to ensure our home is always clean, neat, tidy, and welcoming.
Applicants need to be honest, trustworthy, understand the importance of maintaining discretion, collaborative and experienced working with principals/homeowners that are around residence often (discreet and staying out of the way is important), adept at organizing and general cleaning, knowledgeable with cleaning various surfaces and artwork.
The schedule is on Monday - Friday for 40 hours per week, with the flexibility to work occasional weekends when the family is entertaining. Candidates with private full-time housekeeping experience working in a 5,000+ square foot or larger residence are required.
Follow daily job routine which will include a rotation of areas of the home to clean, expectations are that the home is kept very neat and tidy. The rotation of cleaning includes:
- Sweeping, mopping & if needed, scrubbing floor
- Vacuuming Rugs
- Dusting/Polishing Furniture
- Cleaning Metal Bathroom & Kitchen Fixtures
- Emptying trash cans and washing out when needed
- Cleaning sinks, mirrors, tubs, and showers (each bathroom 1x weekly)
- Wipe down glass surfaces
- Wipe down refrigerators, wine fridge, mini-fridges, etc. when needed
- Dispose of expired food in refrigerator, freezer, and pantry
- Keep closets and storage areas organized
- Keep cleaning supply, household, and food inventory lists
- Create grocery and household needs lists from inventory lists
- Wash, fold and put away clean laundry
- Ironing bed linens, table linens, and occasional garments.
- Care for household plants
- Maintain pathways, sidewalks, patios & porches (sweep, keep neat & tidy)
- Brush Dog to reduce dog hair throughout the home
Daily tasks include:
- Making Beds (3)
- Tidying up – putting things left out back where they belong
- Clean up the kitchen after breakfast
- Load / Unload Dishwasher
- Keep entry areas of the home neat & tidy
- Dinner Prep – Monday – Thursday
- Assistance with entertaining (e.g., preparing for the event, serving guests, helping during the event, cleaning up, etc.)
- Assistance with holiday decorating
- Run occasional errands
- Walking the dog, letting the dog out in its fenced area
- Strong knowledge of proper care for various surfaces
- Understand the importance of maintaining discretion (confidentiality agreement is required)
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos along with the ability to write simple correspondence
- Technology proficient (e. g., email and text messages for communication, search engines for choosing resources, etc.)
- Physical stamina and mobility including the ability to reach, kneel and bend and lift 35-40 lbs.
- Professional with a good attitude, hard-working, and pleasant to be around
- High-energy level
- Discreet and calm demeanor
- Ability to work in the background, staying out of the way of family
- 5+ years of recent and consistent full-time housekeeper experience
- Minimum of three references
- Eligible to work in the United States, must have work Visa if not a US Citizen
- Seeking longevity
- Fluent in both spoken and written English
- Driver's license and clean driving record
- Extensive background checks, motor vehicle checks, and drug tests
To apply, please respond with your resume/list of qualifications.