A lovely Palm Beach family is seeking to hire an exceptionally talented, seasoned culinarian with a true passion for their craft to prepare health-conscious 5-star meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks) for the principals, family and their guests. This position will work with another chef to cover the family throughout the year. We are looking for somone with the ability to work Christmas eve, Thanksgiving eve and potentially other holidays. The quintessential candidate will be humble and sincere, possessing strong organizational and time management skills. In this role, you must be a team player and able to work alongside additional household staff members such as housekeepers, house managers and assistants.
- Creating fresh seasonal, farm-to-table cuisine on a five-day basis for the family (with some flexibility during the holidays), while expressing individuality and personal creativity.
- Overseeing all elements of hospitality, food and beverage service within the residence on a daily basis.
- Preparing weekly menus for principals to choose from consisting of healthy, balanced meals.
- Handling all aspects of grocery shopping and supply procurement; managing inventory.
- Managing all food-related vendor and contractor relationships.
- Managing food production for social/religious gatherings, philanthropic events, fundraisers, & additional private events.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as needed and upon request.
- Strong command of English language and communication skills, both written and verbal. -
- Must be flexible to travel up to 30% of the year (the more flexibility the better)
- Minimum 4-year Culinary degree from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum 7 years related experience working as a Private Chef or in a high-end/fine dining restaurant.
- Excellent references required from both current and previous employers.
- Exceptional culinary skills with a large repertoire; comfortable with an array of dietary restrictions.
- Keep track of food preferences, likes and dislikes for the family
- Ability to provide table service; setting and clearing the table.
- Comfortable preparing delicious, eclectic meals on a daily basis.
- Cook at a consistent, high level across a variety of cuisines.
- Computer and technology savvy with proficiency in Mac systems.
- Reliable, poised, and professional in both mindset and manor: use of utmost discretion at all times.
- Positive attitude, thick-skinned, and able to remain calm under pressure.
- Flexibility in scheduling; willingness to work long hours and overtime as needed
If interested, please submit your resume with salary requirements. First round interview will consist of a one-way video interview and assessment.
We are excited to hear from you!