Household Manager/Personal Assistant
Couple and 6 young adults who visit when off from college looking for a proactive, organized, detail oriented, self-motivated, discrete and reliable personal assistant- household manager who is flexible and willing to wear different hats. In this role flexibility with schedule and anticipation of the principals’ needs are a must. This position will largely be Monday-Friday, but we need a 24/7 mindset with the ability to work weekends especially during the summer.
The family has a vacation home at the New Jersey Shore where they spend most of the summer. You will be required to travel back and forth to/from their beach property and/or to live-in while family is there.
There are 6 young adult children who visit during weekends, holidays or vacations.
What You’ll Do:
- Managing the household staff. 3 housekeepers and a houseman. Hiring when needed, training and ensuring their daily tasks are completed to principals liking.
- Grocery shopping and keeping the fridge stocked with breakfast-lunch items like cut up fruits, vegetables, cold cuts and salads
- Updating household inventories and procuring supplies.
- Coordinate, monitor and log all maintenance and improvements for two properties.
- Managing vendor and contractor relationships, including scheduling, accounts payable, project management, etc.
- Routinely inspect properties for repairs needed and address them with houseman or vendors.
- Organization/monitoring of household projects
- Responsible for car maintenance and related issues
- Personal shopping, running errands and concierge work.
- Assisting in packing and unpacking. Principals travel often.
- Coordinating travel arrangements that require detail itineraries and changing logistics.
- Daily care of pets including feeding, walking, vet and grooming appointments and maintaining pet supplies (cats/dogs)
- Assist in preparing dinner 2-3 times a week
- Setting/clearing dinner table and leaving the kitchen clean and organized
- Overseeing events including large holiday celebrations and charity events.
- Acting as liaison to the couple’s fast-paced family office.
What You’ll Need:
- Minimum 3-5 years related experience working on a similar role for a private family.
- Incredibly hands-on approach to principal’s service.
- Utmost discretion and confidentiality are required.
- Flexibility in scheduling with willingness to work long hours and weekends as needed.
- Exceptional organizational skills and dedication to responsibilities; maintaining household manuals.
- Sense of humor and positive attitude
- Fluent in English is a must.
- Valid Driver’s License with clean driving record.
- Technology savvy with proficiency in both Mac and PC systems.
- Must love dogs and cats.