A fun and busy family is looking to add a Homeschool Teacher to their existing homeschool team. The teacher must have a true passion for supporting others. The flexible individual will work seamlessly with the Mother's Helper to support the family's needs in and out of the classroom. A mature approach, with a flexible can-do attitude coupled with respect and kindness will help the teacher excel in the position. Must be proactive, organized, fun, able to take direction and receive feedback. Mom is highly involved and very hands-on with school. It is important for teacher to mirror and support the parent's expectations of the children's educational and personal goals. With a heart of service, the teacher is happy to pitch in and help wherever is needed to provide the ultimate outcome. Parents are looking for someone who wants to be part of the organization for years to come but also understands and respects healthy boundaries.
- Work with curriculum director to develop weekly lesson plans and implement age-appropriate curriculum to nurture and stimulate the children's development.
- Coordinate daily activities and supervised transportation to and from all engagements (playdates, appointments, classes, activities, etc.)
- Maintaining a healthy, safe, clean, and developmentally appropriate environment for the children; light housekeeping including cleaning classroom, tidying up, classroom organization, cleaning up after meals, etc.
- Perform ongoing developmental evaluations of the children.
- Maintain open communication with parents, teaching team, and manager.
- Complete daily children's checklist.
- Ensure child as well-groomed including hygiene.
- Occasional meal preparation for children.
- Reporting and photo journaling in real time.
- Additional mother's helper responsibilities and duties as needed and requested by the family or manager.
Scheduling and Training:
The proposed schedule is 30 days on and 30 days off. During the 30 days on, the teacher works each day. Flexibility is required with schedule. A 60-day training period is required with 30/30 schedule to follow. Daily schedule varies due to family schedule; however, most days are 9 AM to 7 PM.
Salary based on experience. Health insurance, PTO, and 401(k) included.