ESTATE HOUSEKEEPER FOR IMMEDIATE HIRE! If you have experience cleaning high-end homes and would enjoy working in a luxury estate for an active family, this is the position for you! A private family with two children (15 y.o. and 13 y.o.) located in Bloomfield Hills, MI is looking for an experienced, full-time housekeeper for their large estate. The primary responsibility of this position is to help the family maintain their home in a clean and organized manner. The ideal candidate has experience in luxury homes, a positive attitude, high attention to detail, excellent organization, discrete, self-motivated, able to go between multiple tasks with ease, and able to carry laundry and cleaning supplies up and down multiple levels.
The estimated hours for this role is 40 hours/week (M-F 9am-5pm) with lighter, full-time hours during summer months while the family travels. Two weeks paid time off are provided, paid holidays, and health benefits are offered.
Employee will have the option of occasional travel to beautiful northern Michigan to the family’s waterfront home in the Leelanau Peninsula. Travel option is not a requirement of this position.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Maintain the home, including offices, with thorough cleaning and organization (surface and deep cleaning)
- Receive visitors and deliveries
- Serve drinks to owners and guests
- Light cooking, such as warming meals, brewing beverages, and serving snacks
- Laundry (with ironing), including fine linens and delicate fabrics
- Feed, walk, and clean up after family’s 3 friendly dogs (one large breed, two small breeds) and 2 small birds.
- Prepping and clearing the dining table before and after meals
- Perform tasks as needed by owners and house manager
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, kneel, use hands, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include depth perception.
Candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.
Candidates are subject to background checks.