Overseeing the Operations and Maintenance of family home: ensuring the smooth running of house and ensuring good general upkeep and maintenance of the property and land. Understanding of home entertainment and automation systems, HVAC, and maintenance routines. Vendor/Project Management.
- Schedule and oversee regular and seasonal house and grounds maintenance, including sourcing vendors and ensuring best pricing
- Develop professional and strong relationships with vendor
- Coordinate and oversee construction, renovations and off season projects
- Includes understanding the work and bids and providing a recommendation for Owners' approval
- Point of contact for contractors and external service providers
- Competitively price out all work and track along the way
- Oversight for all work performed on the property from start to finish
- Maintain household files and vendor lists; Maintain records where needed
- Taking responsibility for the household inventory, ensuring that supplies are always replenished
- Running errands and shopping
- Review and approve invoices for payment related to ongoing management and maintenance of residences; Work within budgetary restrictions
- Oversee care and maintenance of family vehicles
- Troubleshoot TVs, Crestron system, lighting system, PC/Mac back-ups, other technology
- Able to do minor repairs
- Demonstrating a hands-on approach to daily house maintenance with the ability to assist the staff with hands-on tasks
- Seasonal and Hurricane preparedness
- Perform any other tasks, within reason, required by the employer; Ad hoc projects as requested
The ideal candidate must be a problem solver, resourceful, and have superior organizational skills; is meticulous with details, works seamlessly under pressure, and has exceptional task prioritization skills. Has a "can-do" attitude and willing to help wherever and as needed, regardless how big or small the task. Demonstrate common sense. Knowledge of S. Florida climate, conditions, storm prep in order to properly assess routine and preventative maintenance. Energetic, willing and able to perform physical requirements of the job including but not limited to: lifting, carrying, walking long distances, stairs, standing, use of ladders, driving. Team player, coordinating with general contractor, personal assistant and housekeeper; reports directly to principals.
Experience in private service management or professional related experience in a similar situation or commercial sector that may include a similar size estate, yachting, or resort operations. Have experience working with contractors, invoice reconciliation, cost comparisons; business minded. Professional demeanor and appearance. Technologically savvy. Excellent English communication skills; some Spanish helpful. Schedule may be varied but will generally be Monday through Friday, with occasional weekend requests (in advance).
- Must be willing to submit to a background check: criminal/financial
- Willing to participate in random and pre-employment drug testing
- Verifiable References
- Clean/Valid driving license
- Able to legally work in the U.S.
- Must be ok with dogs
- LOCAL applicants please