MIAMI AREA - HOUSE MANAGER - LIVE OUT
This gorgeous compound consisting of a large main home and guest house with waterfront exposure, dock, pool and watersport equipment requires a trusted, experienced top tier professional who has a pure commitment to being of long term service in all capacities of hands-on care. This small family requires that you are dedicated to being in place with a self-starter spirit toward making certain the day runs smoothly. Within any of these households this clearly means you are available to pitch in with a "can-do" attitude of no job is too big or too small to tackle.
The foundation of management is built upon respect and creating a positive work place whereby problem solving and making improvements is key to desired attitude. We are looking only for professionals intent upon a long term relationship with this family - the principals have always enjoyed a happy well staffed property which lends to their enjoyment of their home and property.
It will be a plus if you are conversant in Spanish and have full experience within a waterfront property, have excellent knowledge of Miami and are also excellent in your oversight with water effects; ponds, aquariums (which can be delicate - there is an outside contractor for this but you will need to have an understanding of the nuances which can be sensitive to caring for specimen aquarium fish). The property manager is responsible for overseeing the general day-to-day operations of a waterfront home and guest house in Coral Gables, Florida. The property is occupied by a couple whose children are grown but visit occasionally during holidays. There is an aquarium and two ponds. The couple travels a lot and the property manager should be able to manage all in their absences.
Duties entail managing the household staff consisting of a chef, a housekeeper and a grounds keeper, managing of household account(s), orchestration of functions, scheduling preventative maintenance for the home and autos, and in general, making sure that the employer’s life is as carefree as possible.
Key notable responsibilities:
- Overseeing smooth running of estate, working directly with principals
- Ensuring that house is maintained and all appliances, equipment and systems are running perfectly. Handling minor repairs on the spot. It also includes working with vendors and independent contractors for major repairs and warranty work.
- Managing utilities, creating estate manuals and ensuring principal receives competitive quotes on any repairs
- Acting as first point of contact for staff and contractors
- Acting as first point of contact in case of emergency (i.e alarm going off, pool leaking)
- Managing household staff including schedules and calendars, hiring, firing, training, performance reviews, coaching, etc.
- Training and organizing the duties and schedules of domestic staff
- Managing household inventory supplies
- Ensuring home security
- Assisting in the planning of special events
- Coordinating scheduled maintenance for the residence and vehicles
- Overseeing maintenance of the grounds: landscaping, gardening and pool area/furnishings
- Running household errands. Receiving/sending mail and packages
- Picking up/ dropping principals and their guests at airports
- Welcoming guests in a very professional manner of being hospitable
- Ensuring that the household is always welcoming and guest-ready
- Oversight of remodeling, restoration or construction that may occur. This includes vetting contractors, negotiating the quotes, confirming that their liability insurance is up to date and supervising the entirety of the project.
- Maintain a detailed inventory of household appliances, furniture, art, etc., which also includes insuring the property to cover damage, loss or theft.
- Maintain the home’s security and computerized systems (entertainment center, sprinklers, etc.)
- Answer phones, greet any guests that come to the home, and handle communications (emails, letters and invitations).
An SUV and a private office is available for the Property Manager.
Must be eligible to work in the US and have verifiable references and experience. Spanish a plus and a true dedication for a long term commitment.