A fun and busy family is looking to add a Private Chef to their existing team. The chef must have a true passion for supporting others. The flexible individual will work seamlessly with the Estate Manager to provide an excellent culinary experience for the family. A mature approach, with a flexible can-do attitude coupled with respect and kindness will help the Chef excel in the position. Must be proactive, organized, personable, able to take direction, and receive feedback. With a heart of service, the chef is happy to pitch in and help wherever is needed to provide the ulitmate outcome. We are looking for someone that wants to be part of the organziation for years to come but also understands and respects healthy boundaries.
- Prepare breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks for family, guests, and staff.
- Create menus that incorporate family preferences and feedback.
- Purchase all groceries and kitchen supplies.
- Maintain a healthy, safe, and clean kitchen environment, including cleaning of appliances.
- Event menu planning and preparation; board meetings, fundraisers, parties, family dinners, etc.
- Stocking, organization, and cleaning of refrigerators, walk-in coolers and freezer, and kitchen pantry.
- Setting of table, both formal and casual.
- Plating and serving meals.
- Maintain open communication with team.
- Additional chef responsibilities and duties as needed and requested by family or manager.
- Minimum five years of related experience working as private chef in high net worth home or yacht.
- Excellent references from both current and previous employers.
- Highly organized, detail oriented, polished, and poised.
- Professional and has utmost sense of discretion.
- Valid drivers license.
- Required to work some holidays and events even if particular holiday/event falls on an "off" day.
The proposed schedule is 30 days on and 30 days off. During the 30 days on, the chef works each day. Flexibility is required with schedule.
Salary based on experience. Health insurance, PTO, and 401(k) included.