A low profile family with high expectations located in Okeechobee, Florida seeks a Cook / Chef for a 12,000 square foot home serving family and guests. This is a full time position for the right candidate.
A classically trained Chef is not a must for this position, a fabulous cook with a great attitude is required. You must be very pleasant and flexible, this is non negotiable
While this is a working cattle ranch it is an upscale refined setting.
As the Cook / Chef you will plan, source, develop and execute 2 to 3 meals per day while offering exciting and healthy meals. You will plan, prepare, and serve meals for holidays and special occasions and events as needed.
- Prepare delicious and nutritious meals per the preferences of the Principals and their family. Responsible for keeping healthy, prepared, ready-to-eat options in the fridge at all times.
- Coordinate weekly, and daily menus per the needs and dietary restrictions of the Principal and their family.
- Check in daily with the Principal to get an approximate headcount for meals that day and adjust the menu accordingly, if necessary.
- Prepare and serve fine cuisine, with a gracious personality, present and serve food creatively and in an elegant manner.
- Prepare delicious entrees, snacks, salads, appetizers, desserts, beverages, etc.
- Shop for fresh groceries to ensure the kitchen and pantry are running smoothly, check all purchased supplies for quality and account for each item.
- Label and date food containers in the fridge and pantry.
- Keeping the fridge, dining room & pantry clean and organized at all times to Principals established standards. Report any malfunctioning / broken cooking equipment i.e.: stove tops, ovens, refrigerators, blocked kitchen sinks, etc. As well as any broken items such as wine glasses, plates, missing cutlery, etc.
- Review and submit menus weekly, new healthy options are welcome, create and explore new recipes and food the family will enjoy.
- An accurate accounting of expenditures is required monthly.