Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree (Architecture, Construction Project Management, or related field) preferred
· 15+ years in similar or related position
· Proven success managing custom, high-end residential projects of various sizes and degrees of complexity
· MA Construction Supervisors License preferred not essential
· Current valid driving license is essential
· Legally able to work in the U.S.A.
Skills and Knowledge
· Ability to lead a team of project managers and motivate them to provide the highest levels of service and quality on behalf of the client.
· Ultimate respect for absolute privacy, and confidentiality of all work-related details.
· Flexibility, highly effective communication skills, dependability and efficiency. A high value is placed on a professional demeanor, integrity, honesty and discretion.
· Excellent listening skills essential.
· An understanding of how to properly handle hazardous materials. A high value is placed on safety and security, with training in OSHA 30 and first aid provided, if not existing.
· High degree of common sense, flexibility and a “hands on” approach to getting the job done.
· Flexibility, resilience and resourcefulness in addressing project issues and any alterations promptly and efficiently.
· Excellent writing ability, with a solid understanding and proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
· Comfortable with and adept at learning new technology interfaces and software, such as AutoCAD and Sketch Up.
· Exhibits growing self-confidence in dealing with or escalating project issues.
· Effectively prioritizes and executes tasks in a high-pressure environment.
· Adept at conducting research into project related issues and products.
· Strong written and oral communication skills.
· Conforms to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
· Displays good teamwork skills and potential to develop team leadership skills.
· Knowledge and expertise in the use of project management methodologies and tools.
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Self-motivator and independent worker.
· Ability to read communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
· Exceptional client management skills and the ability to build goodwill.
· Effective time management and logical decision-making ability.
· Strong focus on quality.
· Ability to handle pressure.
· Variable interior and exterior conditions throughout the year in various climates.
· Work at heights on occasion.
· Mobility and flexibility to lift and carry often heavy objects
· Occasional work on weekends and evenings as project dictates
· Knowledge of home automation and technology systems essential
· Knowledge of equestrian operations and buildings; preferred not essential
· Experience and understanding of both cold and warm climate building techniques considered a plus
· Experience with general landscaping, forestry, woodland and fine gardening projects also helpful