Please note that we will only be responding to candidates that match what our client is looking for. We wish you the best in your job search.
Job Title: Estate Manager / Chef Couple
Location: Westchester, New York / Palm Beach, FL
The principals split their time between New York and Palm Beach. They reside in New York from mid-April to the end of November and are in Palm Beach from December 1st through May 30th. Typical days off are Tuesday and Wednesday
Home Environment and dates in residence: Casual lifestyle but professional, clutter free and organized. Their main residence in New York is a condo in Manhattan. The couple will be in charge of the home in Westchester which is 10,000 sq. ft. on 22 acres. While in New York, Mister and Missus. arrives in Westchester either Thursday or Friday and leaves on Sunday.
The home in Palm Beach is approximately 7,000 sq. ft. While in Florida, missus is in residence full time. Mister comes and goes frequently.
Overview: The principals are looking for a mature and professional couple to enhance and uphold their high standards and quiet yet active home life.
The principals have chosen to surround themselves with wonderful and caring people. They expect their Estate Manager and Chef to be polite and respectful as they represent them to the public. This includes the family, extended family, friends, guests, and vendors. The principals favor discretion at all times as well as highly valuing confidentiality. It is important to keep their privacy honored at all times throughout the hiring process and once in the position.
- Responsible for planning diversified menus, food prep and cooking dinners
- Perform shopping for groceries and household supplies
- Run errands
- Responsible for planning and implementing parties
- Vendor supervision
- Maintenance and handyman duties
- Butler service
- Perform housekeeping and laundry duties
- Detailed bed making
- Care of fine furniture and antiques, draperies, oriental rugs
- Proper care of fine china, crystal, silver and linens
- Track and inventory of dry cleaning
- Assistance with planning and organizing events in the home
- Guest care
- Packing and unpacking for travel
- Set table
- Casual and formal service
- Legal to work in the U.S.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Speak, read and write fluently in English
- Proper etiquette and protocol
- Polished and professional in appearance and mannerisms
- Past experience working with High Net Worth clients in fine homes
- Highly skilled and culinary trained chef
- Proactive at problem solving
- Effective communicator and listener
- Positive attitude and flexibility is essential
- Strong work ethic, longevity on past positions with positive references
- Understands privacy and executes a non-intrusive behavior in the home
- Self –starter / self-motivated
- Excellent time management skills
Salary and Benefit Package:
- Attractive salary DOE
- 2 weeks vacation
- Car is provided for both professional and personal use
- Separate housing is provided at both locations
- Relocation package provided