A Florida Cattle Rancher and family are looking for a very special couple!
A low profile family with high expectations located in Okeechobee, Florida seeks a Cook / Chef and housekeeper for a 12,000 square foot home serving family and guests. This is a full time position for the right candidates. While this is a working cattle ranch it is an upscale refined setting.
We are in search of a couple that can cook wonderful healthy meals, keep the home clean and organized along with the other staff that is already in place. This is a full time, live in or out position located in Okeechobee, Florida. The Cook and Housekeeper positions will partner with the other staff members with the housekeeping and cleaning duties. They will be responsible for maintaining the aesthetic appearance of the home, prepare all meals, and shopping.
Housekeeper essential tasks:
- Ensure cleanliness is always maintained at an acceptable level
- Mop, dust, vacuum, sweep, etc.
- Wash windows, glass doors
- Deep cleaning on rotation including bathrooms, rooms, cupboards, drawers, fridge, closets
- Clean and makeup and turn down beds
- Water and ensure plants have light
- Replace light bulbs when needed
- Prepare house for departure and arrivals
- Be available to run errands
- Event production as needed for all social gatherings.
- Laundry and ironing
A classically trained Chef is not a must for this position, a fabulous cook with a great attitude is required.
You must be very pleasant and flexible, this is non negotiable.
Cook / Chef essential tasks:
- Prepare 2 to 3 delicious and nutritious meals per the preferences of the Principals and their family. Responsible for keeping healthy, prepared, ready-to-eat options in the fridge at all times.
- Coordinate weekly, and daily menus per the needs and dietary restrictions of the Principal and their family.
- Check in daily with the Principal to get an approximate headcount for meals that day and adjust the menu accordingly, if necessary.
- Prepare and serve fine cuisine, with a gracious personality, present and serve food creatively and in an elegant manner.
- Prepare delicious entrees, snacks, salads, appetizers, desserts, beverages, etc.
- Shop for fresh groceries to ensure the kitchen and pantry are running smoothly, check all purchased supplies for quality and account for each item.
- Label and date food containers in the fridge and pantry.
- Keeping the fridge, dining room & pantry clean and organized at all times to Principals established standards. Report any malfunctioning / broken cooking equipment i.e.: stove tops, ovens, refrigerators, blocked kitchen sinks, etc. As well as any broken items such as wine glasses, plates, missing cutlery, etc.
- Review and submit menus weekly, new healthy options are welcome, create and explore new recipes and food the family will enjoy.
- An accurate accounting of expenditures is required monthly.
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING, SKILLS REQUIRED:
- A minimum of 3 years' related experience
- Be responsible, reliable, trustworthy, caring and well presented
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Be organized, a multi-tasker and detail-oriented