Job Title: Housekeeper (Full-time, Hourly)
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Hours: Flexible 5 day work schedule (including working on weekends and holidays)
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Reports To: Executive Housekeeper
The Housekeeper will clean, sanitize and maintain Private Residences, Guest Houses, Cottages, Staff Accommodations and Offices. The housekeeper will attend to the personal needs of all principals and guests and carry out numerous hands-on tasks as directed by the Executive Housekeeper.
- Performs general cleaning and sanitizing tasks and services throughout assigned property.
- Uses cleaning basket to transport cleaning supplies.
- Receives list of assigned rooms from manager and prioritizes according to principal/guest schedule
- Knocks and announces self before entering room; returns at a later time if rooms are occupied.
- Removes linens, towels, bedspreads, and blankets.
- Neatly makes beds and/or changes bed linens according to policies.
- Stocks towels, washcloths, and hand towels in bathrooms.
- Picks up and empties trash containers.
- Cleans and disinfects bathrooms.
- Cleans and disinfects kitchen and dining areas.
- Pack/unpack dishwashers.
- Washes dishes, utensils, glasses, pots, and pans.
- Wipes and dusts surfaces in rooms and cleans mirrors.
- Vacuums and cleans floors, rugs, furniture, and drapes.
- Loads washers and dryers and folds sheets and towels in laundry room as needed.
- Notifies maintenance if something is not working properly.
- Reports any suspicious activity to manager.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Checks the inventory of cleaning cart and adds any necessary supplies.
- Opening packages/deliveries for principals.
- Travel to other properties and clean to same standards.
- Occasional care for dogs and other pets.
- Occasional care of household plants.
- Ability to meet Principal/guest needs and provide necessary assistance.
- Detail-oriented and thorough.
- Ability to remain discrete and respect the privacy of principals/guests.
- Sufficient ability to read, write, speak, understand, and communicate in English to complete work efficiently, effectively, and courteously.
- Ability to work with animals and to remain calm in strenuous circumstances.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Email/text knowledgeable.
- Flexible working schedule.
- Clean driving license.
- Prolonged periods standing and walking and frequently pulling, pushing, and bending
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 pounds at times