Estate Manager & Personal Assistant
A private family is seeking an eager, self-motivated Estate Manager & Personal Assistant. This is a unique opportunity for a highly-skilled domestic professional seeking his or her next challenge. This person will work out of a beautiful home in Pacific Heights while managing four other high-end homes, domestic staff, and taking charge of many aspects of the principal’s personal life.
The ideal Estate Manager and possesses impeccable organizational skills and is a natural leader who can manage and motivate domestic staff and vendors. This individual is responsible for managing home vendors, managing staff including housekeepers, nannies and chefs, coordinating multiple design and construction projects (domestic and international), and will also be asked to manage ever evolving personal tasks. The Estate Manager will work closely with the principal’s Executive Assistant and Chief of Staff for seamless coordination all aspects of his life.
This is a fast-paced role, requiring an experienced Estate Manager and Personal Assistant who can juggle multiple competing tasks, sense and respond to the principal’s needs, and oversee complex personal matters. A 24/7 mentality is critical for this role and occasional travel may be needed.
This position will offer the right fit candidate the opportunity to support and partner with a highly successful serial entrepreneur. If you’re someone who is flexible and highly detail oriented with a positive, can-do attitude, please apply today. We're ready to get started ASAP!
- Manage hiring, schedules, training and general welfare of domestic staff: nannies, chef, caretakers, etc.
- Work with the existing domestic team to keep the home in a “state of ready” and to keep up the standards that are required by employers
- Assist with preparing homes for travel (departures and arrival)
- Overseeing care of artwork
- Oversee management of all tech and telecom services; working with maintenance and IT staff to troubleshoot, coordinate repairs, changes, upgrades
- Coordinate with vendors and maintenance staff to schedule and maintain pro-active maintenance calendar; HVAC, computer network, telephone, lighting, home entertainment, plumbing/electrical/carpentry, windows, roof, security, pool, solar, irrigation, etc.
- Remain accountable for seeing through all household projects and tasks, whether or not you are the one completing them
- Interview new vendors if needed, do research and reference checks
- Coordinate multiple design and construction projects simultaneously
- Analyze all systems in place, research and look for possible cost saving ideas or more efficient methods and share with the principals
- Security – maintain alarm system, respond to alarm calls, coordinate with security personnel, manage codes to specific individuals and changing out codes as necessary
- Financials: follow up on invoices and look for discrepancies prior to sending off to the family office
- Retrieve packages, open and sort mail
- Occasionally make deliveries back and forth between Bay Area homes
- Run errands: supplies, post office, pharmacy, dry cleaning, returns, etc.
- When principal is at the home, help prepare his work space for the day or other parts of the home for children’s or guests’ needs as requested
- Coordinate holiday gifts to staff and vendors
Skills Required / Qualifications:
- Extensive experience managing fine homes, working with and motivating staff
- Experience overseeing and managing construction projects
- College education preferred but not necessary – on the job training is most important
- Eye for detail, aesthetics
- Understanding of high-end furnishings and how to maintain them
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; confidential and professional manner
- Computer and household tech savvy
- Intelligent, thinks on their feet – creative
- Positive, can-do attitude is a must regardless of the task at hand
- Committed to personal health and safety and protection of the family and property
- Flexible and able to accommodate spontaneous changes to routines and plans.
- The ability to reprioritize at a moment's notice and to assume additional responsibilities based on the principal’s changing needs
Compensation: Competitive salary plus bonus and benefits