Executive Housekeeper - Private family office seeks an experienced full-time Executive Housekeeper for a large private estate in Northwest Washington DC. This estate is not like any other estate as it operates like a boutique hotel and museum. The ideal candidate will have prior experience taking care of a large, high-end home. They will thrive in a positive culture of high standards, and a collaborative and fast-paced work environment. Attention to detail, flexibility, and adaptability must be embraced daily. This person must be hands on and be willing to assist with any task. The position requires a high level of organization, attention to detail, and well-developed intuition. It also requires discretion, maturity, and overall good judgment. The candidate must be articulate and possess an outstanding work ethic. Confidentiality and discretion are of paramount importance.
The Executive Housekeeper will oversee the housekeeping staff and report to the Deputy Estate Manager. Typical household tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Regular cleaning, upkeep, and maintenance of living spaces and furnishings.
- Working side by side and setting clear expectations for housekeepers.
- Laundry and dry-cleaning management.
- Changing bed linens.
- Closet management and organizing.
- Making purchases online and in person, including groceries and occasional errands.
- Maintaining inventories of household items.
- Assisting in preparing for events of all sizes.
- Packing and unpacking travel bags and suitcases.
- ”Pitching-in” and helping co-workers with their job duties while always being a team player.
- Other duties and projects as requested.
- Ability to work with the highest degree of confidentiality.
- Minimum five years of housekeeping experience, preferably for larger, high-end homes.
- Minimum of three years supervising others.
- Proficiency in all aspects of personal computing, including MS Word, Excel & Outlook.
- Must be resourceful and able to research and procure items on the internet.
- Experience with data devices and communicating with smartphones.
- Fluent in English verbally and written. ? Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to work prolonged periods standing, walking, bending, and lifting.
- Must be able to climb and descend stairs and ladders safely. Willingness to work occasionally weekends/evenings as needed.
- Successful completion of a thorough background investigation and reference check.