Private Family in Palm Beach is looking for a FULL-TIME Boat Captain for their yacht. The ideal candidate will be a Jack / Jackie of all trades, and will be able and willing to roll up their sleeves and get the job done. There is no crew, as the yacht isn’t used very often, so we’re looking for someone who is self-directed, and open to cleaning, detailing and maintaining the boat.
Someone ideally with an engineering background or with handyman related experience would be a big plus, our ideal would be to have the captain be a part of our core team on property at the home as needed. Some of the home responsibilities would be troubleshooting, maintaining and upkeep of equipment on property, washing windows, cars, ect… pitching in where needed.
Flexibility is a huge requirement. Although the principals don’t use or take out the boat often, they’re looking for someone who is ready to rock and roll when they say go. Sometimes this will be planned, and other times it will be spontaneous.
Below, are some other additional job skills and qualifications:
• Maintain boats and equipment on board.
• Oversee transportation of passengers on boat.
• Responsible for following proper safety procedures and must know how to run and fix every mechanical and electrical device onboard.
• Dock and undock boat.
• Alter navigation plans based on weather conditions.
• Inspect boat to ensure it’s efficient and safe.
• Maintain all onboard equipment, and keep detailed records of daily activities.
• Maintain and clean all equipment to the highest standard per policy. This includes accurately maintaining refueling records in the appropriate fuel log
• Two or more years’ experience as a captain
• Firm knowledge of marine craft communication, signaling and navigation systems
• A bachelor's degree in marine science or engineering from a merchant academy.
• Must be licensed and certified through the U.S. Coast Guard
• Ability to work remotely with little direct supervision
• Ability to lift, carry, and move heavy objects and/or equipment
If interested, please send your resume with salary requirements and general availability for an initial phone call.
We look forward to hearing from you!